“New Years Eve Delight” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Heritage Manor Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fennville
Heritage Manor Inn
You added Heritage Manor Inn to your Saves list
2253 Blue Star Hwy., Fennville, MI 49408   |
Ranked #3 of 8 Fennville B&B and Inns
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
“New Years Eve Delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stayed on New Years Eve. Very clean and comfortable. Owners are friendly and complimentary breakfast the next morning was delicious. Guests have access to a well stocked clean kitchen. Would recommend.

Room Tip: If stairs are an issue ask for a garden room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Perrysburg, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

We had great time, would stay there again. The owners were very friendly and we had a warm welcome. Building was clean and did not have any issues with our room. Plenty of room for the three of us. Breakfast in the morning was good, somthing for everyone. Not fancy but I don't think most people are looking for fancy. Homeade baked goods and fresh fruit were perfect. It is close to Saugatuck and I think priced reasonably compared to B&B in town. Did not mind driving into Saugatuck. This is an older facility and furnishing are older but in good repair. Was nice to have a guest refrigerator.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I too wish I had read the reviews. On arrival, me and my family of three were welcomed warmly by a helpful innkeeper. However, once guided to the dingy wicker room, you could literally hit your knees in the small supply-closet like bathroom. Also, beware of paper-thin walls. As the noisy innkeeper welcomed another family into the room next to us at around midnight, being very loud as he showed them how the TV worked. Also, the family kept the TV blasting all night, which left me tossing and turning in their uncomfortable beds. However, the place did offer a good breakfast featuring delicious blueberry muffins and waffles, but it reminded me more of a motel with the stuffy rooms with no air flow and street noise. The "Victorian style" rooms were more out dated than anything. I would suggest skipping this on your vacation plan.

• Stayed June 2012
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

The place is more akin to a motel than a B&B. Having stayed at several B&B's around the country the Heritage Manor was a disappointment. The rooms were very dated with old, not antique, furniture and beds. The bathroom was very small with fixtures and tub that were cheap ones from the 70's. The water in the bathroom had a very strong stench that permeated the rooms. The owner cleaned out the hot water heater with bleach but the cold water still smelled. Except for tiny hotel bath soaps there were no amenities in the bathroom.
The breakfast was okay, homemade but not gourmet. They could improve the quality of the coffee and teas. The owners seemed like nice people.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

Our family of four stayed here in one of there family rooms, with two bedrooms. Overall, we had a pleasant experience and would stay here again.

Pros
Pleasant owners. They were helpful and available without being intrusive.
The room was very clean.
Comforting breakfast in the morning, not fancy but home made breads, muffins along with scrambled eggs and sausages.
A refrigerator was available for guest use, cookies available throughout the day.
Small warmish pool. Could accommodate about 12 people. No working hot tub. Small infant/toddler wading area.
Peaceful country setting.
Kids playground (older but in good condition), sand volley ball pit, basketball hoop, space for kids to run around and chairs out for adults to rest/read or what ever in.
Lower level rooms had picnic tables and grills (our room did not).
The local beach/dunes just North of Saugatuck are very nice (go early as the parking overflows in the afternoons). We did encounter some pesky biting flies at the beach.

Cons
Our room was basic. Think more of a Motel 6, with more room. I don't know about the Jacuzzi suites.
Its a short drive into Saugatuck, which is not a problem, but parking in Saugatuck is a problem in the afternoons (at least on Memorial Weekend) so if being in town is important you need to go early to get parking.
Whirlpool tub does not work.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Mount Morris, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

I planned a surprise weekend getaway with my husband. I wanted to have some alone time before our 5th child arrived. We were immediately greeted by Ross who was very helpful in showing us the room, how the hot tub worked, telling us about the area, etc.

The room was cute. It was a combination of country/rustic. The shower was small, but worked great. The bed was comfortable.. no complaints.

Being 6 months pregnant, I was a little disappointed that the hot tub wasn't the kind usually found in hotel rooms (in my experience anyway) that you fill up yourself. As such, it was too hot for me to get into. However, Ross told us how to turn the heat off and it had cooled off enough for me to enjoy by the next day.

Breakfast at Heritage Manor was great. There was a nice variety of breakfast items, everything was fresh and the atmosphere was cozy and family-feeling.

We didn't use the pool area, although it looked clean, but small.

I definitely look forward to visiting Heritage Manor again in the winter time when we can take advantage of the fireplace in the room and a hot dip in the jacuzzi!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Grand Rapids, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

Overall, the Heritage Manor offers adequate accommodations at a reasonable price, particularly when you consider that my young-adult daughters and I were visiting Saugatuck at the height of the tourist season on a weekend AND during the Venetian Festival (we were not aware of this at the time of booking). We arrived on a Friday evening and departed Sunday at 11am. The following "review" is based on a 10 point likert scale with 1 being terrible and 10 being fabulous.

Service: 6. We arrived at 7pm on Friday and were promptly greeted by one of the owners who showed us to our room and reviewed the amenities (indoor pool, breakfast hours, etc). Both hosts were helpful when I inquired about local bike trails and kayak rentals. However, when I tried to find someone to help with another question on Sat about 2pm, there was no one around. This may have been due to the fact that the owners had family from out of town--at any rate, the B & B appeared "unmanned" at this time, so to speak. I also would have appreciated a little "education" concerning the Venetian Festival upon arrival. Parking was non-existent in Saugatuck on Saturday and we finally had to drive to South Haven for dinner as all restaurants in the area (Fennville, Douglas, Saugatuck) were either booked or had wait times of 1 to 1 1/2 hours (including the local pizza parlor).

Accommodations: 6. My daughter and I stayed in what was billed as a family "suite" which was actually two bedrooms: one with a queen bed, the other with a queen and twin bed, private bath with tub/shower, and cable TV. Typically, when one thinks of a "suite" it includes a sitting area. This was more like two adjoining rooms. Overall, the room(s) was clean and comfortable, but nothing special.

Amenities: 7. Breakfast was the standard fare of scrambled eggs, sausage, etc. It was self-serve buffet style and seating included a very pleasant 3 season porch with ceiling fan as well as an indoor dining area. While the food was hot and plentiful, don't expect any fancy B & B "signature" dishes or the like. Homemade chocolate chip cookies were available all day--a nice touch. The Inn also included a badminton area, basketball goal, small (and I DO mean small) indoor pool, and sandy playground area. If I had small children, this would have been the ideal B&B for me, hence the title of my review and my rating of 7.

Bottom line: if you are looking for family friendly accommodations at a reasonable price with rooms that can fit up to 5 people, along with a full breakfast, and plenty of things to occupy small kiddos, this is the place for you. However, if you are looking for a romantic getaway (regardless of the jacuzzi "suites") in a cozy Victorian mansion with a sumptuous breakfast, tastefully appointed rooms, winding staircase, complete with an elegant parlor for relaxing, then you may be disappointed. Finally, it is at least a 5 - 10 min drive into Saugatuck--not a plus as parking is almost always a nuisance in the summer.

Room Tip: If you have a party of 3+, ask for a
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Heritage Manor Inn? Share your experiences!