God, this is an awful hotel. I must have had a brain infarct when I made this reservation. It was fairly inexpensive (in fact, dirt cheap compared to other places) and that should have been my first clue! This was a miserable 2-night stay. The good news is that I spent very little time at the hotel except to sleep. I attempted breakfast on the first morning, but walked out.
I had the one-bedroom suite and it was pretty bad. Dark, dark room, bereft of any natural light; beat up and worn furniture; and an old, outdated (and not clean) multi-jet spa tub - a relic from the 1980's. I generally use coffee makers to prepare hot water for tea. This coffee maker was beyond filthy. There were layers of sticky dust, it smelled of old coffee, and it clearly had not been cleaned in ages. The bed was uncomfortable, the room had an odor that no amount of air freshener could alleviate, the towels were threadbare, and the carpet was old, dark, and stained.
Breakfast (food and service) was laughable. The dining room was filthy when I arrived for a late breakfast: dirty tables, food on the chairs and on the floor, an harassed waitress who couldn't seem to get my order right, and the entire place looked like a beat up diner from some ancient 1970's movie. The entire scene was too much and given the conditions of my room, I just left the restaurant and had breakfast off-site. The less time I stayed at the hotel, the better.
Parking was free. (Well, it should be given the condition of this hotel.) The front desk was useless as well as the remaining hotel staff. Housekeeping was marginal - the sink in the bathroom didn't get cleaned. The location of the hotel is suspect. It's not near any businesses and the neighborhood is questionable.
When I pointed out the above observations to a manager (if that's what he was), he just shrugged his shoulders. That response told me everything I need to know. If management doesn't care about a property, then it's not going to get any better. I can say without hesitation that I'll never stay here, again. This places needs a MAJOR renovation or torn down and rebuilt.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelClick, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Farmington Hills reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Detroit Farmington Hills Hotel Farmington Hills
- Courtyard Farmington Hills
- Farmington Hills Courtyard
- Farmington Hills Marriott
- Courtyard Detroit Farmington Hills