“the room ls 50 dollers in a safe area its worth it” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Farmington Hills

Save Saved
You added Knights Inn Farmington Hills to your Saves list
Knights Inn Farmington Hills
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   37527 Grand River Avenue, I-275 to M102 to 10 mile Grand River Exit, Farmington Hills, MI 48335   |
Denver, Colorado
“the room ls 50 dollers in a safe area its worth it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

I stayed here in the 90's. I came here knowing what I was getting for 50 dollars the room was clean the beds were big and its in a very safe area. As for weed smell I did not smell anything and I stayed there 10 weeks for a job. And weed is legal in Michigan staff was very nice

Room Tip: its worth the money for a safe area
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

8 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Spring Lake, Michigan, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for MotorCity ComicCon and stayed here over two nights and our friend in an adjoining room the first night. Opon entering We noticed that they mixed up our rooms, friend got our king and my wife and I got the two tiny double beds. The double bed room smelled like fresh cigarette smoke, you can see peek inside the room easily from the huge gap at the base of the door. The king was fairly clean but the bathroom smelled of severe body odor due the use of regular fabric as a shower curtain. Then my wife and I woke up with bite marks all over our bodies from bed bugs. We went to the office and discretely complained(my wife works at a hotel and knows bed bugs can happenat even a 5 star hotel) so they can take care of it. Our roommate had no problems so we just moved to her room for the second night. My wife knows the signs of bed bugs and noted them to the lady at the desk. The lady completely interrupted my wife just to say "our maintenance men have a test for that" I know it was just a shrug off and we were not offered any type of compensation. And sure enough the next night the sold the room to someone else so it wasn't treated as a room cannot be used for at least 24 hours after treatment. I wouldn't stay here again even if I was paid.

• Stayed May 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

That motel was very nasty dirty and it smells like smoke n old. I tried to get my money back they would give me a refund cause they said I got a Internet special. I was there from out of town n I had to take a shower at family house cause that tub was nasty n it had a hole in it n I couldn't even get a iron. I ended up leaving n went to the extended stay 500% better. I'm also reporting them to the BBB! O n I also smelled weed

• Stayed September 2012
West Bloomfield, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Needed a room for a couple of weeks for my twins and myself. Stopped by this hotel to get some room rate information, opened the front door to the office and it smelled of weed some! Really???? the front desk clerk was lying on the couch watching t.v. when i came in he jumped up off the couch grabbed the glade and began to spray. I could not believe my eyes or nose. I grabbed my babies and headed back out the door. The Bates Motel had nothing on this place! creepy,

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Gosford, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

After a five & a half hours drive we pulled into this knights inn and it didn't look the best, we thought it was cheap so we gave it a go. The staff at the counter seemed nice enough apart from not really knowing what they were doing for check in.
We got to our room and it seemed clean enough but there was no microwave or refrigerator (as advertised) & the WiFi didn't work. We repacked the car and were moved to another room, checked the WiFi first thing before unpacking the car and it didn't work there either. So we were moved to yet another room, I was walked down to the room so I could check the WiFi and it worked.
Upon unpacking the car we noticed the smell of stale smoke and wet dog and other weird oders, we packed the car back up, asked for our money back and travelled a fair while and found another motel.

Room Tip: Do not stop here
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

It was the cheapest hotel I could find. It cost me $36 a night for five nights ($197 total). All I can really say is that you get what you pay for. I had a mini refrigerator and microwave (they didn't charge me extra) and it wasn't really clean, but it wasn't shockingly horrible. It's run by men, and the room screams bachelor-ran. There was dirt here and there, but the sheets and towel were relatively clean. The door was a little fussy, but overall it is decent for what you pay. My husband and I were under 21, they made special arrangements so that way we could have a room; provided a special set of rules (no parties nor loud noise, which was fine, as we were only there for five nights for my husband's schooling) Also, they had flat pillows and only two for the one bed (which in itself was very uncomfortable {If you need a bit more cushioning, my husband and I took the couch cushions off the couch and put the pillows on top for more comfort-I advise doing this for comfort or you may hurt your neck/back/head!})The man at the counter was friendly. I'm still staying here now, and have yet to check out the free breakfast, but by what I perceive from the rest of this hotel, I'm betting it isn't anything good, just cheap and filling. It would be good for a man or two, but if you're a typical woman with higher cleaning standards, I don't recommend it, unless you bring your own cleaning supplies. Once again, it was the cheapest around and so I didn't expect much, as nobody should, especially near big, crime-ridden cities like Detroit.

Room Tip: You will hear bathroom noises very well... just a warning.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
MI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2009

I decided to spend the weekend at this hotel because I did not have much cash on me. However I greatly regret having made that decision. First off, in the room the drawers from all the dressers were gone. That was not really a problem for I didn't have anything to store. The problem was the morning after having slept there and having 12 red bumps all over my neck, arms, hands, and feet. I knew I had been bit by something and sure enough I found a tiny bug crawling under in my bed. I then took the bug to the office and told the woman manager to please clean my room. She refused and said that the bug was not from her room! I even asked her if she would give me some sheets and she again refused. Obviously they do not know how to run a hospitality business. I would not suggest staying here unless you don't mind bedbugs and rude people.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Knights Inn Farmington Hills? Share your experiences!