“Very nasty, smelly n dirty” 1 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Knights Inn Farmington Hills to your Saves list
Knights Inn Farmington Hills
Knights Inn Farmington Hills
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   37527 Grand River Avenue, I-275 to M102 to 10 mile Grand River Exit, Farmington Hills, MI 48335   |
Ranked #9 of 10 hotels in Farmington Hills
“Very nasty, smelly n dirty”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

That motel was very nasty dirty and it smells like smoke n old. I tried to get my money back they would give me a refund cause they said I got a Internet special. I was there from out of town n I had to take a shower at family house cause that tub was nasty n it had a hole in it n I couldn't even get a iron. I ended up leaving n went to the extended stay 500% better. I'm also reporting them to the BBB! O n I also smelled weed

• Stayed September 2012

7 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
West Bloomfield, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Needed a room for a couple of weeks for my twins and myself. Stopped by this hotel to get some room rate information, opened the front door to the office and it smelled of weed some! Really???? the front desk clerk was lying on the couch watching t.v. when i came in he jumped up off the couch grabbed the glade and began to spray. I could not believe my eyes or nose. I grabbed my babies and headed back out the door. The Bates Motel had nothing on this place! creepy,

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Gosford, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

After a five & a half hours drive we pulled into this knights inn and it didn't look the best, we thought it was cheap so we gave it a go. The staff at the counter seemed nice enough apart from not really knowing what they were doing for check in.
We got to our room and it seemed clean enough but there was no microwave or refrigerator (as advertised) & the WiFi didn't work. We repacked the car and were moved to another room, checked the WiFi first thing before unpacking the car and it didn't work there either. So we were moved to yet another room, I was walked down to the room so I could check the WiFi and it worked.
Upon unpacking the car we noticed the smell of stale smoke and wet dog and other weird oders, we packed the car back up, asked for our money back and travelled a fair while and found another motel.

Room Tip: Do not stop here
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

It was the cheapest hotel I could find. It cost me $36 a night for five nights ($197 total). All I can really say is that you get what you pay for. I had a mini refrigerator and microwave (they didn't charge me extra) and it wasn't really clean, but it wasn't shockingly horrible. It's run by men, and the room screams bachelor-ran. There was dirt here and there, but the sheets and towel were relatively clean. The door was a little fussy, but overall it is decent for what you pay. My husband and I were under 21, they made special arrangements so that way we could have a room; provided a special set of rules (no parties nor loud noise, which was fine, as we were only there for five nights for my husband's schooling) Also, they had flat pillows and only two for the one bed (which in itself was very uncomfortable {If you need a bit more cushioning, my husband and I took the couch cushions off the couch and put the pillows on top for more comfort-I advise doing this for comfort or you may hurt your neck/back/head!})The man at the counter was friendly. I'm still staying here now, and have yet to check out the free breakfast, but by what I perceive from the rest of this hotel, I'm betting it isn't anything good, just cheap and filling. It would be good for a man or two, but if you're a typical woman with higher cleaning standards, I don't recommend it, unless you bring your own cleaning supplies. Once again, it was the cheapest around and so I didn't expect much, as nobody should, especially near big, crime-ridden cities like Detroit.

Room Tip: You will hear bathroom noises very well... just a warning.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
MI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2009

I decided to spend the weekend at this hotel because I did not have much cash on me. However I greatly regret having made that decision. First off, in the room the drawers from all the dressers were gone. That was not really a problem for I didn't have anything to store. The problem was the morning after having slept there and having 12 red bumps all over my neck, arms, hands, and feet. I knew I had been bit by something and sure enough I found a tiny bug crawling under in my bed. I then took the bug to the office and told the woman manager to please clean my room. She refused and said that the bug was not from her room! I even asked her if she would give me some sheets and she again refused. Obviously they do not know how to run a hospitality business. I would not suggest staying here unless you don't mind bedbugs and rude people.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2007

Clean and spacious for a budget hotel. I booked it for $37 as a single traveler and my room and a double bed, couch, coffee table, small fridge, a microwave, a hair dryer (very important for a girl!), and a coffee maker. Good sized bathroom and a big mirror. It also had HBO. Bed was comfortable enough, although I am not picky about beds. Room was cleaned and towels were changed daily.

The only weird thing about this place is that they don't provide you with any shampoo. I checked into my room at 11 pm, ready to go to sleep, when I noticed that there was no shampoo. I called the font desk asking for one, and their reply was "No shampoo!". O-kay then... I just washed my hair with soap the following morning. Other than "no shampoo", I have no complains about this hotel.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Knights Inn Farmington Hills? Share your experiences!