You added Extended Stay America - Detroit - Farmington Hills to your Saves list
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Farmington Hills
“Horrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2014 via mobile

As a person born and raised here. This is the worst hotel i have ever stayed at. Front desk is very unfriendly, extremley Racit. Id advise to stay anywhere else. Please. Dont stay here. We have 3 more days and i want to leave, just becuse of this, this hotel is crap.

• Stayed September 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Detroit, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

This place is just 'not clean'!

Needs to be completely redone.
- foyer is an indication how they maintain the property.
- would not take shoes off here
- bathroom sink is broken
- kitchen counter Formica has been abused.
- Air quality extremely poor. (Sneezing like crazy)

We could not stay, checked out and moved next Door. (The best 30$ I could have spent).

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Springfield, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

I reserve 2 rooms through 800 reservation with a promotion of 20% off of room cost. When checking in the individual working the counter did not know what she was doing and cancel my reservation and made new reservation cancelling 20%. The following morning I spoke with the manager trying to explain my situation, she did not believe me and confronted me in front of other customer waiting to check in. I had to call 800 reservation put them on speaker to prove I wasn't lying. The individual from 800 reservation try to explain to the manager that I did qualify for the 20%, the manager replied she was confused on this procedure that she would work it out. I waited at the counter for 45 minutes problems still was not resolved. The manager instructed me to go back to my room and she would figure it out. This issued was finally resolved in 3 hours and the staff was still confused. During my stay staff did not smile and very unprofessional, training is very much needed at this location. When checking out the manager apologized for her attitude because she had to clean up somebody overflown toilet and she wasn't thinking right. They just have anybody managing these professional business.

Room Tip: I have know suggestion at this time.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
South Lyon, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Went through BOOKING.COM. When I checked in I was told I could have gotten a better price if I had just called them directly.
Room came with breakfast in the web site. It was a 'GRAB AND GO" breakfast of coffee and muffin along with a sign that said, " do not take more than 2 muffins or there might not be enough for the other guests."
Toilet seat not attached and I almost fell on the floor. Shower so low I had to bend over to get my head wet. No shampoo, conditioner or lotion provided. Awful bed and smelly pillows!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Fh
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

This place was fine until Cindy came on board. Cindy would lock me out of my room, yell at me and blame my dog for the terrible smell in the entire hotel. They now have water damage and mold at the place. Haha Karma is what it is.

• Stayed March 2014
Farmington Hills, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

We were booked thru Hotels.com so paid upfront(won't do that again!) First night we were in 223--motor noises kept us awake all night! Turns out we were over the mechanical room! When we complained, another guest told us they had been put in that room & moved also! Why does the manager keep using this room?? We changed rooms-- cabinet doors peeling, sinks with caulking all over them, refrigerator in bad shape! This hotel needs a total make-over! The only good points were the staff at front desk--everyone was nice but they obviously could not change the hotel!

Room Tip: Do not stay in 223!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Shanghai, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Good experience and friendly staff.

Good position with gas station and stubuck nearby

Not far from Detroit downtown and FH as well as airport.

The breakfast is crab and go which is a liitle simple but enough.

You have the choice like coffee and so on.

Room Tip: The room on east side can have see sun rise. The room on west side can see moon.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Farmington Hills, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
The staff and I appreciate your kind remarks. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Again, thank you for the comments. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Been to Extended Stay America - Detroit - Farmington Hills? Share your experiences!