“Reservation System Needs to Be Updated” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #7 of 10 hotels in Farmington Hills
New York City, New York
“Reservation System Needs to Be Updated”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I called the corporate reservation line to book a long term reservation at this location. I was asked if I wanted a smoking or non smoking room. I advised the reservationist that Michigan has had a hotel non smoking policy in effect since May 1, 2010 and he responded: " Well, the computer says..." I am an avid non smoker and would appreciate the system be updated in order to alleviate any smokers being misled to believe they are booking a smoking room.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
RDO_Sarah_L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Farmington Hills, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.
You addressed some concerns about our reservation system. I have forwarded this information to that office and will continue to monitor that all bookings are done correctly. We are a fully non smoking hotel and know that is something that our guests find important.

53 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Too many problems to count: Laundry room has only 2 working dryers out of 6; 4 washers for entire hotel. Always a back up. People move your laundry or leave theirs. No staff oversight. Won't install new dryers, has been this way for months. Have complained to corporate, they did nothing to fix problem. Guest smoking is a real problem. Smoker tore out hall window screen to smoke out window, staff finally TAPED screen back on, didn't replace it. Looks ghetto. Complained of guest smoking at 8pm to evening staff. Was told Manager would be told in the morning. Said they do not alert smokers so they could be "caught in the act" by day Manager. Staff said she had no authority to tell them to stop. I asked why she couldn't call rooms. Nonsense. Kids especially will hang out in stairwells, had to call local police over holiday weekend they were partying in halls and outside my room. Noisy people but you dont hear barking dogs usually. Fire alarms are set so lightly that alarm went off about once a week in middle of night or day for weeks, hasn't done so lately but don't expect to get a good nights sleep here. Always some problem. Staff can be really nice one day, rude the next.Nothing to count on.Pay more for a better place if you can. Look for options.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else or find a studio through an apartment locator if you need something extended. Try...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
RDO_Sarah_L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Farmington Hills, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am. The experience you described is truly regrettable. We strive to ensure that our guests have an exceptional stay. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have brought each of the issues you expressed to the attention of our staff. Please know that we take the safety and security of our guests very seriously. Because so many of our guests stay with us long term, we strive to provide a home away from home feeling, and therefore take noise complaints very seriously. If any guests experience a noise or a party, our staff is instructed to take swift action to end it or remove it from the hotel. Because our guest rooms do contain kitchen facilities, there have been instances of smoke alarms going off. We work closely with both our local Fire and Police Departments to eliminate any problems that do come up. We also continue to work closely with our staff in reminding our guests of the non smoking policy in the state of Michigan and will continue to ensure it’s enforced to the highest extent. We know that we didn’t get to be a member of America’s number one family of extended stay hotels over night; we did it by focusing on one customer at a time. We know that a totally satisfied customer is one who will come back and stay with us again. That is why we take your review so seriously. It reminds us that despite all of the regular praise we receive, we still have room to improve. Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels' locations.

Travelers are raving about these Farmington Hills hotels

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Best home away from home! Everyone treated me like family! My room and the hotel were clean and cheerful, with a very comfortable bed. Cindy, Wanda, Carol, Erika, Ebony, and the rest of the staff were always friendly and made me feel at home right away. They worked with me and were very accomodating on my individual needs for the time/schedule of room cleaning. I wouldn't stay anywhere else, should I need to come back to the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
RDO_Sarah_L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Farmington Hills, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition. Thank you also for the wonderful mention of our staff members. I think they all are pretty special and I am glad they were able to take such good care of you during your stay. I am glad you found the room to be comfortable for your stay. We recently upgraded our bedding package within our rooms and I am so happy it worked well for you.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location. Thank you so much for staying with us.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

The staff and the management are top notch. They all go out of their way to make the stay as positive as possible. Any and all issues that I have had have been resolved quikly and efficiently. The rooms are comfortable and clean. The t.v. is a good quality flatscreen. The continental breakfast is a great addition for the hotel. It is a great location, close to anything I might need. Everytime I work in the area I will only stay here!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
RDO_Sarah_L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Farmington Hills, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate your continued business. It's great to hear your feedback that you are enjoying the upgraded televisions and our new Grab and Go breakfast. Thank you for sharing with us.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

it was a great place helps you feel like your still at home. the staff was great wanda, erica, venus they help you feel relieved and at home. had a great time and was treated with the outmost respect. thank you guys for making me feel at home

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
RDO_Sarah_L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Farmington Hills, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thank you very much for your nice review of our property and staff. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority. Thank you again for all of your kind words and your business.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I stayed at this ESA for 4.8 years, and I would give it my highest recommendation. Just recently, they have added some nice improvements - flat-screen TV's, new mattresses and bedspreads, continental breakfast. The housekeeping is 98% done on time, and the stairways and hallways are kept clean. Whenever any appliances failed (refridgerator, microwave), it was replaced within 24 hours. The hotel manager (Cindy), the maintenance man (Joe), and all the desk clerks were always very courteous, friendly, and helpful. This hotel is in a very safe neighborhood, and I never experienced any issues with safety. I don't think you will be dissappointed for the value.

Room Tip: If you can get a corner room (ex. 316), they are a little larger than standard rooms. Upper floor i...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Farmington Hills, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you for you review. I want to thank you, first of all, for your extended stay with us. We greatly appreciate your business and are so happy you chose to stay with us in Farmington Hills. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the recent changes we made including Grab and Go breakfast. I appreciate you sharing your feedback.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Extended Stay America in Farmington Hills, MI is a clean environment. It was in a great and safe location... Close to restaurants, gas stations, manicurist shop, banks, fitness center and easy access to the express way!!!

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Farmington Hills, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for your recent posting. It sounds like our location worked out well for you. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your business; thank you for staying with us.

Been to Extended Stay America - Detroit - Farmington Hills? Share your experiences!