“Best in the area” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Best in the area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

The Holiday Inn & Suites in Farmington Hills has been my de facto home when I travel to the metro Detroit area for work for the past five years.

The staff, from the Front Desk, Bar Staff and the Breakfast Area take their time to be personable and polite.

Ingrid always has a smile on her face and runs a terrific bar/restaurant- the Red Lion. The burger is outstanding and there is a good variety of bottled beer. The Manager's Reception in the bar on Tuesday and Wednesday is a great way to interact with other patron's of the hotel.

Christina, Simon and Danielle at the Front Desk are very personable and always make sure that I have a room - even at the last minute and go out of their way to accommodate any special requests.

One of my favorite things about staying at the Holiday Inn & Suites is the breakfast. Tasha makes sure that she greets the guests in the morning and remembers what I want to eat and drink each morning. Sam, in the kitchen, makes the best egg-white omelet in the league.

This hotel is not the closest to my office, but it is worth the trip because the staff makes this hotel feel like a second home.
Room Tip: The new kitchenette rooms are awesome!

Room Tip: New kitchenette rooms are awesome.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Erik V, Manager at Holiday Inn Farmington Hills/Novi, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
I'd like to start off by saying thank you for the review! We all lead busy lives these days and taking the time to sit down and leave our hotel and staff a wonderful review like that is appreciated so much. Each of of us here at the hotel works very hard to provide every guest the type of experience you've had while staying with us over the years. I know that when I let each employee who you've mentioned in your review know that they were personally thanked it will bring a smile to their faces. I'm grateful to my entire staff for getting to know you on a personal level and I know that they will continue to do whatever they can to make each visit of yours a positive experience. When I say thank you, please know that it comes from all of us here at the hotel. Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I was very pleased to stay at the Holiday Inn & Suites here in Farmington Hills/Novi. The assistant GM Erik was very polite and helpful with telling me of the local attractions including restaurants, bars, & golf courses. The hotel offered free transportation within a 5 mile distance; Simon was pleased to drop me off and pick me up before 10 pm on several occasions. The hotel had a small bar area with a fun and happy bartender named Ingrid who was pleased to see you each time. I will recommend anyone in business and pleasure to stay at this hotel for accommodation. The rooms were spacious with a living room and bedroom, 2 flat screen tvs, microwave, & refrigerator. .

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for the kind review! It's our pleasure to do whatever we can to make your stay with us a memorable one. I also want to thank you for mentioning the employees by name who you dealt with during your stay. We like to connect with our guests on a personal level and the fact that you remembered their names tells me a lot about how you were treated, and I will be thanking each of those employees personally for the great service they provided. Once again, thank you for taking the time to leave our hotel, and employees a review. We appreciate it greatly. Hope you visit us again soon!
Spartanburg, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Anyone who has stayed at a Holiday Inn Express will know you get a semi-decent breakfast buffet included. It is not true of this non-express location. I was surprised to see a "please wait to be seated" sign at the entrance to the breakfast area. It was $9.95 for a hot breakfast and $6.95 for a continental. I have no problem with this, because I can drive down the road to get a better breakfast (and cheaper) somewhere else. What really bugs me is that the front desk should make this clear at CHECK IN. Then to be rudely told it was not included the next morning was too much.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Erik V, Manager at Holiday Inn Farmington Hills/Novi, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
I want to first thank you for taking the time to review your experience here at the hotel, despite it being less than stellar. As you mentioned, any stay at a Holiday Inn Express entitles you to a free breakfast buffet. Since we are a full service hotel, unfortunately this is not included with all rates. However, because you were traveling for business, you would have been entitled to this without question. I'm very sorry that the front desk failed to inform you at the time of check in, they absolutely should have done this. Had they qualified the nature of your stay, business vs leisure, you would have received your breakfast vouchers along with your room keys. They also could have given you the proper corporate room rate. I'd really like the opportunity to have you back to the hotel and change your perception of how we operate. You can contact me outside of TripAdvisor and I can give you more information. Thank you.
Sterling Heights, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I'm a public speaker and my company has used this hotel many times. It's clean and safe. The restaurant staff is very cheerful and helpful. Sadly, the hotel didn't give me any of my Gold Priority Club benefits because the room was comp'd to my company with the purchase of a meeting room, but that's a minor issue. I was pleased when the hotel staff took responsibility to replace a broken alarm clock - it was done fast and done right.

Room Tip: Ask to stay far away from the pool for the quietest rooms.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the kind review. While I'm not able to add to your Priority Club account the points from a comped room, I can always give you the same benefits you would receive otherwise. I apologize this wasn't the case with your last visit. I'm glad we corrected a mistake in your room (broken alarm clock) in a manner that pleased you. If someone isn't happy with their experience at the hotel, it's only a manner of letting the staff know. We will do everything possible to make things right. If you feel you aren't receiving the level of service you expect, you can let me know personally. Just ask for me at the front desk.
Kalamazoo, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Hotel is clean, the customer service excellent and the food wonderful. Rooms were spacious, timely cleaned every day with everything. Wonderful and accommodating staff. Outstanding room. Loved it and will be back :). I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Erik V, Manager at Holiday Inn Farmington Hills/Novi, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Thank you so much for the kind review. Seeing positive reviews from guests like yourself is a great way to let our staff know they are doing a good job. I will be sure to share this review with everyone here at the hotel. Hope you visit us again soon. Thanks again!
Saint Joseph, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

Stayed three nights while visiting friends in the area. Suite was very comfortable and it was nice having the separate area where the kids could sleep. No problems whatsoever with noise or other guests. Breakfast was way overpriced for the selection but ok in a pinch. Didn't eat at the onsite restaurant. Staff were great.... very attentive and friendly. Pool was smaller than expected but never crowded so it was fine. Would stay again!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us recently. It not only lets us know what we are doing right (and sometimes wrong), but also helps future guests make an informed decision about where to stay when they come to the area. It's our pleasure to make you feel as comfortable as possible when staying away from home, and we are glad you had a pleasant stay. Hope to see you again soon!
windsor
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Stayed here Aug 10/11. Not pleased at all. Rooms on the shabby side. A makeover desperately needed. Staff nice and friendly. Had a very unpleasant sleepless night when other guests roamed the halls all night like a pack of wolves. Not sure why night shift staff did not intervene and call police. Police not called until morning when a guest complained about threats made. We did not feel safe at all and didn't leave our room until police were onsite. They did comp us breakfast for the ordeal but that didn't erase the lack of safety issue.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Erik V, Manager at Holiday Inn Farmington Hills/Novi, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
I'd like to start off by saying thank you for taking the time to leave our hotel a review of your visit. It's important to us that we hear from our guests so that we can improve what we do. What you experienced is not how we conduct ourselves day to day, and I want you to know that we have taken your review very seriously. We have gone forward and made changes to our staff & security procedures in direct response to how your visit unfolded throughout that night. Our guests safety and security is the most important thing to the staff at the Holiday Inn Farmington Hills. We simply will not allow an event such as yours to occur again, and I'm deeply sorry that you experienced a stay like that with our hotel. Please contact us directly at the hotel if you wish to speak further about your visit, we will be more than happy to address all of your concerns.

Been to Holiday Inn Farmington Hills/Novi? Share your experiences!