“pleasant, original, not exceptional” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Davenport, Iowa
“pleasant, original, not exceptional”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

I'd expect to be wowed by a place that advertises its link to breakfast, but I wasn't. The restaurant was bright, the staff was attentive and is was not too loud, though reasonably full. They had some very original menu items, including a baked tomatoes au gratin and breakfast nachos. They presented two large, homemade chocolate covered strawberries with the check.

That said, the main courses (Tuscan breakfast bowls in our case) were only okay and not much more than what you'd expect at a Village Inn, Denny's or Perkins. They'd run out of cinnamon rolls. The coffee cake had not been delivered that day. The coffee was weak, though typical by midwestern restaurant standards.

Entirely reasonable but not a place I'd drive out of my way to find.

Visited March 2014

Detroit Area
“Great Breakfast, Brunch or Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

They have a Quiche of the Day and other daily specials. Everything is cooked to order. There is always fresh fruit available. At the end of the meal the check comes with a chocolate dipped strawberry. The salads are fresh and yummy and their french fries right out of the fryer are the best I have ever had. Closes at 2 PM daily.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“WONDERFUL ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

This is a well managed and well presented restaurant. Everything is done with great professional services. The food is very good and presented to the customer in a visually pleasing form. Prices and reasonable. Atmosphere is pleasing. Service is outstanding, even the "buser" is a classy worker. If you are ever in this area, don't miss this one!

Farmington Hills, Michigan
“Can I Really Improve On What So Many Of You Said?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

No, I don't think I can. Breakfast Club is cozy, delicious, and close to home. I can't believe it took me so long to discover it. I am really excited that I can look forward to many more delicious meals here. "The Greasy Spoon" is my favorite. I suggest you give it a try.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Farmington Hills, Michigan
“Not Spectacular”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I've only been here once, so I can't speak to everything but my one experience left me feeling that the quality of the food was just so-so. I had a vegetarian egg white omelette. If was overcooked and a bit skimpy on the filling. Service was ok... Not spectacular. In this price range, there are better options.

• Visited February 2014