“Do not eat here” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
West Bloomfield, Michigan
“Do not eat here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

If I could have put a negative for the circles I would have done it! This overpriced and very old looking restaurant has seen better days. I went there about 25 years ago and now I remember why I never went back. But I was invited as a guest so I went with an open mind. The restaurant looks like it should be gutted or turned into a barn. The food was awful and that's the best thing I can say about it. I can't even say the wait staff was food. The prices were exorbitant and the portions small which was fine because they were so bad you really didn't want to eat them anyway. So to sum up my experience there I do remember why I never went back. And you should stay far far away also!

• Visited October 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere

58% Recommend
Livonia, Michigan
“Unassuming elegance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

White gloved service! Homemade, melt in your mouth pasta! Amazing customer service!

Berkley, Michigan
“Perfect Date Night Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

The food and service here are both incredible. The atmosphere is quiet and relaxing. Perfect for a date night. It is high end and pricey, but worth the money.

Visited October 2011

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Canton, Michigan
“A strange expirence”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I read the reviews and should have listened! When making our reservation, the gal on the phone was not very friendly.....basicly took my info and curtly hung up. When we arrived, I said we have an 8:00 reservation for 4 OUTSIDE. They acted surprised and told us it would be about 3 minutes to put the "finishing touches" on our table. After about 10 minutes, we were led to the dinning room when I informed them we requested OUTSIDE seating. Another shocked look and 10 more minutes of wating for more of these "finishing touches" While standing around in the entrance, we noticed the reservation list had been left on the table and our name wasn't even on it! OK....great.

We were finally seated and asked what kind of water we would like and then left alone for yet another 10+ minutes.....another gal finally came by to ask if we would like to see a wine list.....still no water.....then a different gal came by to ask about our wine choice.....still no water.... so, we finally asked for it. NO kidding....after about 20+ minutes we were given water and still had to ask for the lemon we initially requested.....by now we are getting concerned!

So we are there staring at each other/trying to make small talk and avoid the elephant in the room......when I finally made eye contact with yet another gal.....I think she realized she had not been to the table yet and promptly came over to introduce herself. And what do you know??? It was our waitress! Only had to wait some 40 minutes since our arrival to actually meet herl! She gets a menu and reviewed it in Itailian.....so needless to say she had to repeat it in English for us....but with her ah, Russian?? accent....neither was easy to understand so for kicks we asked het to go over it again and kudos to her....she did about 3 times.....then she dissappeared to let us figure it out...thank God for smart phone translater app.
FINALLY She comes back, and after much deliberation....WE ORDER. Yes, we get to eat! Warm bread rolls arrive shortly thereafter and they were very good.....always judge a good restaurant by the bread or so I thought! So we are there talking/eating our bread when here comes our waitress to give us the bad news....2 of the 4 entrees we ordered all all gone for the night! So....we ask her to go over the menu again.....great!
Ok, we choose new entrees and go back to waiting/bread eating Our daughter decided to get the grilled chicken and during our wait she wondered out loud if they were waiting for the egg to hatch? It truley was an excessive wait!
We get our food.....and all 4 of us deemed the food "not great, just good and too much salt" I was REALLY hoping for something REALLY fabulous.....but it just wasn't there. I feel 43 dollars for 1 piece of chicken, a spoonful of polenta and some green beans is outrageous!
In short.....if you want a really nice Italian meal...go to Bravos.

• Visited June 2012