“Broken promises” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Detroit Farmington Hills

You added Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Detroit Farmington Hills to your Saves list
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Detroit Farmington Hills
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   37555 Hills Tech, Farmington Hills, MI 48331-5705   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Farmington Hills

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I recently checked out of the hotel, and I have to say that I was impressed by the cleanliness of my room. The hotel is kept up nicely and even though the hotel is currently going through renovations, my stay was very peaceful. The only complaint that I have concerns unprofessionalism with some members of the housekeeping staff. On several separate occasions I witnessed Monique and Stephanie (housekeeping staff) talking on their cell phones in the hallways and on the elevator. I was baffled by the conversations I overheard taking place. I would strongly encourage management to talk to their employees about professionalism in the work place!

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Veronica B, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Detroit Farmington Hills, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments. I can asure you that we take every comment seriously and address all issues.
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay.
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Includes small full kitchen , very nice for a longer stay. Very clean, comfortable .single Queen room adequate for 2 people. Hotel in state of remodeling so breakfast is minimal suppose to be complete by Oct 2013 . Have stayed several times and easy acces to freeways. Plan on staying again inNov

Room Tip: Suites are available for more than 2 and look nice.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Highland Park
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Veronica Bauser
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham
36555 Hills Tech Drive
Farmington Hills, MI 48331

Dear Ms. Bauser:

I am writing you regarding our stay at your facility this past weekend. We arrived mid day on August 31 and departed at 6:00 AM today, September 2.

1. Upon arrival to our Suite #102, we found the smell in the room permeated with "stale air".

2. There were no sheets nor pillow cases provided for the pull out couch.

3. Around midnight on both nights we were awoken because the clock/radio went on. We thought we turned the alarm off the first night, but were mistaken and were woken up the second night again.

4. Sometime during the second night, some rather noisy machine went on waking us up again. It finally went off about a half hour later.

5. Your WiFi service was sporadic at best.

6. Your basic "Signature Service" cleaning was not provided. I only learned after the fact that weekend Signature Services are by request only. This was the first time I have ever stayed at any hotel anywhere in the USA that a basic cleaning service was not offered unless requested. Our e-mailed confirmation (#86947300) failed to mention this lack of service.

7. When I went to pay the bill this morning, I was informed by Anna that your computer system was down so I don't have a receipt nor do I know the amount of the charges going against my credit card as of the time this e-mail was sent to you.

8. Because of the construction, it was a little confusing finding the entrance and the hallways were not very clean.

Based upon the above, I would hope that an accommodation to my bill (what ever that is) can be made.

We come often to visit family in the Farmington Hills/West Bloomfield area and many have asked us for recommendations as to where to stay as well. Thank you for your consideration and I look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Jeff Sippil
Highland Park, IL 60035
847-831-3516

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Detroit Farmington Hills? Share your experiences!