“Redeemed Wyndham for me and I will return to this hotel.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Detroit Farmington Hills

You added Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Detroit Farmington Hills to your Saves list
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Detroit Farmington Hills
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   37555 Hills Tech, Farmington Hills, MI 48331-5705   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Farmington Hills
Cleveland, Ohio
“Redeemed Wyndham for me and I will return to this hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I travel 5-10 times per month on business and the nature of my work demands that I am rested and ready to represent my disabled clients in front of a judge the next day. Other than a noisy guest that was quickly shut down by management, the stay was very very pleasant. The bed was nicely made and very very very comfortable. The bathroom was clean and the shower hot with good water pressure. Kitchen very functional with all the basics to cook small meals. The carpet and flooring in the bedroom and kitchen areas appear new and look nice. The AC and Heat system works well, not to mention fairly quiet compared to most hotel AC units. Average on the cable selection, but nice TV and the room had a DVD/ VCR player. Very very very clean room. Furniture was not brand new but not worn and shabby, either as with many affordable extended stay hotels. No stains and very clean scent in the room. Lots of cabinet and closet space. Highway side of the hotel is a little noisy with traffic but for me a quiet TV or mp3 player and I was fine. Nothing fancy but above average and this is going to be one of my top choices when I am in the area. I have only one small complaint. No hot breakfast. For me, even in an extended stay hotel, I like to sit down to eggs that someone else had to cook and watch the news. This hotel offers a few choices of muffins, which were very yummy, btw, granola bars, juice, and coffee. If you need a hot breakfast better to stop at Trader Joes nearby and grab some easy breakfast foods to cook up. No big deal for my last stay in a Hawthorne was not a good experience, at all. 5-Star staff, at this hotel! The front desk ladies in the morning were pleasant and even before my stay had called to confirm my requests for items in my room. Evening shift, James and Chris, were exceptionally awesome. Both accommodated my needs for extra coffee and pillows. Both were very pleasant and professional at all times and it is obvious they take pride in a well run hotel and the processes and hard work that it requires. James introduced me to the Wyndham rewards program of which I am now a member. I also understand the hotel is planning a renovation and redecorating of the rooms soon so good should get better! Thanks Farmington Wyndham for a positive experience.

Room Tip: You may prefer a room on the opposite side of the highway as the hotel is located in a nice business...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Veronica B, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Detroit Farmington Hills, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you so much! I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We will be starting our renovations in June, and when they are complete we will have a full hot breakfast buffet along with new updated beautiful rooms.
I look forward to seeing you in the near future and again thank you for the wonderul comments about the hotel and the great staff that I have the pleasure of working with everyday.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
East Lansing
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

This was my first staty at Hawthorn Suites. I ended up staying here because every other hotel in the Novi / Farmington Hills / Livonia area was booked due to an event at the Novi Expo Center. I have stayed in this area quite often and all of my regular hotels were sold out. Since this was the only place that had rooms available I ended up here. I had no idea what to expect and sometimes these extended stay hotels can be a little on the lower end as far as quality and up keep / cleanliness.

The person that checked me in was very nice and he was knowledgable about the area as he advised the guests in front of me of the best area to go to for a wide variety of restaraunt options. He even went so far as to give a personal recommendation of "Famous Dave's" for good BBQ, which I quickly agreed with.

The hotel was very clean and the room was great. It had a nice kitchen area that I didn't use, a small living room with a comfortable leatherette couch and matching chair, a comfortable bed and a big bathroom. 32" flat panel HDTV's in both the LR and the bedroom were adequate. Nothing fancy, but above average quality throughout.

My only issues with my stay were as follows: The location of the hotel is RIGHT next to
I-696 and my room faced the freeway. So it was quite noisy, especially when trying to go to sleep. I woke up several times during the night due to the freeway noise (and I am a "hard sleeper"). The selection of pillows (3 were on the bed) was not good and I could not find the right combination to get fully comfortable. The pillow thing could easy be addressed and is certainly a personal thing that many others may not have had an issue with. As far as the proximity to the freeway, well...I don't think they will be able to do anything about that.

Overall, an above average experience, primarily due to not having any expectations going in. If I was to insert my normal business travel hotel expectations in to the equation, I would still say that it was above average.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Veronica B, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Detroit Farmington Hills, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
I am so glad that we were able to exceed your expectations.
I do apologize for the pillow choices. However, we are getting ready to go through an entire renovation of our hotel including all of our guestrooms. Once this renovation is complete we will be receiving an all new bedding package.

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Detroit Farmington Hills? Share your experiences!