“Clean and quiet” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Escanaba
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Clean and quiet”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

The rooms are small and the building old but the were clean and average for a chain hotel. The staff at the front desk was friendly but not overly. Upon check in we received a coupon for each person for continental breakfast and a free drink at the bar. The blankets were wrapped in sheets which is nice. The beds were a little hard for my tastes but comfortable. They had a variety of densities of pillows on each bed. The breakfast was okay. Your normal offerings: eggs, sausage, sweet rolls, cereal etc. The employee overseeing the breakfast was very friendly and helpful. I saw they had a small pool but it was covered, nobody was using it. The hotel was right on the main strip but the whole town is pretty depressed. There are a lot of closed storefronts. We were there a Saturday night and most stores and some restaurants were closed at like 3pm. The mall across the street was mainly closed and the bowling alley next door was closed. We never felt uncomfortable or unsafe though. We drove down the main drag of town and to the nice little park with a lighthouse at the end of the street on Lake Michigan and walked round a bit. It was a good stop on the way to Mackinac Island.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
mid mich
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

The rooms are small, but remodeled and very clean. The staff were helpful and opened a room for our group to play games in the evening. The pool has no hot tub and is very plain. I never saw anyone use it. The food in their restaurant was good but the service was very slow.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Ashwaubenon WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

very nice staff, and good food too... has the shuttle to casino as well... I would suggest for family, romatic or business. We had a Jacuzzi room for no additional cost because they lost our reservation but were still very accomodating

Room Tip: get a room with the jacuzzi, its HUGE
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Lansing, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

When I come up to Escanaba for work, I have customarily stayed at another hotel in the area. For reimbursement purposes, however, I could not secure a room at that hotel and decided on this one. I was pleasantly surprised.

The location is central to downtown Escanaba -- everything is within a 2 minute drive from the hotel. And despite being in the middle of downtown, the hotel was very quiet.

The rooms looked as if they were recently updated. The bed was comfortable. Overall the room was very clean.

The staff was extremely friendly -- even after my stay when I needed to secure another copy of my receipt for expense reimbursement. They provided an aditional copy and waited on the phone to confirm that I received the e-mail.

Although there are a number of good restaurants in the area (see Stonehouse review), the hotel does have a restaurant right on the property. All guests receive a coupon for a free breakfast at the restaurant. And for late night food, you can order a pizza from the restaurant and bring it back to your room. All very convenient.

Although I was not looking to stay here originally, I will certainly be back given the friendly staff, clean room, and central location.

Room Tip: Get a room that faces the interior courtyard. It is very quiet back there.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

You cant beat this special hotel in beautiful Upper Michigan for quality of service, and friendly staff that went over and beyond to serve us during our stay in Escanaba.
It doesnt seem to matter what your needs are, they can get it for you, do it for you, or in the case of their restaraunt, serve it to you.
I must tell you, when you stay you will kick yourself if you don't have dinner in their restaraunt, Pacino's.
The fish is the freshest, served clean and as it should be. The prices are incredibly low and generously proportioned.
I have eaten there every night while staying there on several stays, and have never gone away unhappy. The prime rib is very generous as are all the dinners, but I tell you, I have never had prime rib this flavorful and melts like butter on the tongue!

Our room was large and clean beyond clean. And frankly that says it all for me.
I've stayed in hotels from New York to Paris, and then some, and its all about the clean for me.
I have also paid top dollar in my travels around the world, and have not had the maid service be this spot on. Double points.
One day we left late from the room and the maid was just leaving her shift for the day, she came back in and cleaned our room when she heard we had just left for the day.
When has this ever happened? For me, never. It was spotless again when we came back with a nice note from her, saying she thought we'd like it freshened up a bit before we came back.
We sure did!
After that, no matter when we left, (we're late risers) when we came back, it was to crisp clean sheets, softy soft pillows and a spotless bath!
Not an easy feat when ones' things get spread out over a week. Lol

Oh, one more thing, below the restaraunt Pacinos just down thestairs is a freindly little pub, filled with local characters, the fastest bartender in town, and, THE best pizza in town, and you will NOT believe the prices!

All in all, there is nothing to compare with this fine establishment.
Go no further.
All your needs are satisfied here.
We'll be back!
Mr. And Mrs. R. Hugenberger
Catte Adams/Marc Hugenberger
Los Angeles, California

Room Tip: We got the suite, it was wheel chair accessible and large. I peeked in to some of the other suites...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Olla
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is very nice and clean. The breakfast was awesome and the waiter was very nice. There is a pub downstairs in basement and is nice too. The only drawback was one barmaid (blonde) was rather snippy. They were very busy and she was showing some frustration.

• Stayed September 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

The staff was very welcoming and friendly upon arrival. We came through on motorcycles and the manager came out and offered bottles of cold water which was much needed. The rooms aren't fancy, but they are nice, clean and comfortable. I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed August 2013

Been to BEST WESTERN Pioneer Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!