“Bad service and VERY expensive drinks, don't take your family.” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 7 restaurants in Empire
Cuisines: American
“Bad service and VERY expensive drinks, don't take your family.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

Waitress seemed high on pills or something similar. It didn't help that she looked like a typical meth addict. She came to the table to greet us very uncomfortably and didn't even bring menus. We had to ask for menus. That was dumbfounding. She mumbled things between our short and awkward conversations. I talk to people for a living and am not easily made uncomfortable. We decided we'd have a drink. I ordered a margarita for my wife and a scotch for myself. Our drugged out waitress brought me tequila and the margarita she made was almost pure mixer. We could hardly taste any tequila amongst the nasty mixer. The sandwiches we ordered were delicious though. The cooks knew how to make a good meal. All in all, I had a Philly steak sandwich, a coke, and a small glass of tequila (that I didn't order), and my bill was $23. $10 for the Philly, $2.50 for the coke, and $10.25!!!!! For the obviously house tequila!!!! BS! We wanted to get out of there so we paid, but when we started to fill out the receipt, tip, etc., our horrible server came to the table and hovered over the table. I left the tip blank and politely stood up and we left. My wife left felt sorry for her and left a tip for her bill though. We will never go back there solely because of the service. Tip of the hat to the cooks though. Too bad they can't get any real quality servers way out in B.F.E. They have to go with the hillbilly heroin types. Dont go with your family.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

76% Recommend
“Great food! Good atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011 via mobile

We came to sleeping bear sand dunes and stopped by at empire village inn. We had great family time at this restaurant.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Why is customer service in America so terrible!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011 via mobile

Stromboli and cherry soda was great, service was terrible because of server she basically forgot she
had a table. Our app came out with our food and she never refilled out drinks, I would recommend the food but not the service your call!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Quick bite between Sleeping Bear and Empire Bluffs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

You could easily drive by this place without noticing it but it has become a regular stop for us when we are visiting the Sleeping Bear Sand Dunes and Empire Bluffs. It is basic pub grub with locally brewed root beer. The pizza is good and reasonably fast. The staff are very friendly. My rating is relative to comparable restaurants.

• Visited August 2011