“Great breakfast and lunch” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 19 Restaurants in Elk Rapids
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Traverse City, Michigan
“Great breakfast and lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

You cannot go wrong going to this place, great food and atmosphere. Best burger I've had in a long time. Huge breakfast, you will not go hungry here.

• Visited February 2013

Fredericksburg, VA
“Still Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I've had the opportunity to visit this fantastic Cafe once again and this time my hubby was with me. We both enjoyed the food, the atmosphere, and the hometown feel. The food was delicious, I only wish that we had stayed longer so that we could have tried some more of the many different choices provided on their menu. I would recommend this lovely establishment to anyone who will be visiting the Elk Rapids area in the future. I know I will go back each and every time I visit.

• Visited September 2012
Austin, Tx.
“A gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

My husband and I have eaten breakfast here twice in the last couple of weeks. We sit outside, drink our coffee and watch the people. And then there's the food. I tried a special, cinnamon caramel french toast and my husband had strawberry/cream french toast. Delicious!! We went back for the same, but the 2nd time was during Harbor Days and we arrived at 1:03 p.m. and they were closing at 1:00. The friendly server told us to come on in, we did, but they were out of any choices in french toast. We had the banana/nut/honey, granola pancakes and they were great. Nobody rushed us and as we were leaving, they said they had 1/2 pot of coffee so why didn't we get some to go cups? Friendly, helpful staff! Great food in a tiny tiny restaurant.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Royal Oak, Michigan
“Fantastic cafe, hard working staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We randomly chose this place to eat breakfast. It was quite full at 12:30 with people getting a late start on sunday food. A spilled drink was being cleaned up and the man cleaning was careful to get every last ice cube picked up and made sure the floor was spotless. I figured, if they care this much about the floor, they must do the same about the food. I had a Ruben omelette, my friend the pancake parafait. Both were excellent, the ruben omelette just slightly lacking in flavor. Nothing was too greasy and the pancake had wonderful fruit topping, yogurt and granola that were out of this world good. It was all so fresh it made one feel like they were eating healthy. The waitress was attentive and funny. Here's the kicker, I went to the bathroom which required one to go through the kitchen and it was spotless. Better than mine at home. Overall it was a great dining experience.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hartland, Michigan
“Best breakfast, brunch or lunch in the region :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

We go out of our way to stop in to this tiny hole in the wall restaurant. The owner / chef keeps things interesting with his delicious concoctions and the classic fare is better than anywhere else you will stop into. If you are a group of three or less, belly up to the bar and watch the cook(s) in action. Hope to see you there :) Don