“Wonderful! ” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 19 Restaurants in Elk Rapids
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Vegetarian, Vegan
Good for: Bar scene, Entertaining clients, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Wonderful! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

This place had the BEST Authentic Cajun Food outside of Louisiana. The Crawfish Eetufe was Delisous! And the atmosphere was very cool! Pearl's is the place to go without a doubt in Elk Rapids.

Michigan
“YUM! There are no other words needed.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

First thing I was in LOVE with the crawfish pager given at the hostess stand - very unique! Don't be scared by all the cars parked up and down the street. The place is large inside and the parking lot small - so lots of overflow. Bar are is nice and the wait staff there were all super friendly. The decor is fun and makes you feel like you are in for a happy experience.
The crawfish enchilanda are SUPER! A must try. Both my mother and I ordered them and both give them an A+. My husband ordered the jambalaya as it is the spiciest thing on the menu. He loved it also and it was spicy enough for him which is hard to accomplish. Nice wine selection - better if you like the local stuff and a very nice beer selection.
Overall a wonderful place. Glad we tried it. Would have eaten there a second time but just ran out of nights to go.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Detroit, Michigan
“Southern Creole & Cajun Delight in Northern Michigan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

This is the only restaurant I have experienced southern cooking in the state of Michigan! This is the true southern hospitality! We found Pearl's a few years back by searching for the best rated restaurants on Yelp and Urbanspoon and there we found it! They offer many dishes and the prices are extremely reasonable. Sometimes, there is a long wait to get seated but well worth every minute. We have had few different dishes......cannot remember the names, but they were good!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Michigan
“Closest thing to New Orleans”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

I've never had Cajun food this good outside of New Orleans. Good sized menu - hard to make a choice. I tried the special that day. I forget what it was called, but an awesome spice combination. Alligator was very tasty and tender, not overcooked. If I closed my eyes while eating the Red Beans and Rice, I'd swear I was down south. Drinks were very good. They have a full bar but it seems they specialize in Martinis.

Friendly and efficient wait staff. We were seated immediately and bread and cornbread were brought immediately entrees arrived fast and hot. All four in our party enjoyed their meals. Prices were very reasonable.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Holland, Michigan
“You Must try Pearl's New Orleans Kitchen!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We found Pearl's through word of mouth when several friends said we must make Elk Rapids a stop on a recent trip to Northern Michigan for a baseball tournament. Having just been to New Orleans and still craving New Orleans cooking, we figured out how to get there.

A couple of things before you point your car in the right direction. Pearl's has a reputation for having a line during the evenings and having eaten there I can see why. We beat any wait by getting there for Sunday Brunch right after they opened, but the way the restaurant was filling up as we left, I can see why there is a wait. However don't despair! Everyone we talked to said the wait will pass quickly and it is worth it. Secondly, Elk Rapids is probably the last place you would think of as having a place this good to eat. So prepared to be surprised both by the greatness of Pearl's and the quaint charm of Elk Rapids.

The brunch menu is a wonderful combination of breakfast and lunch items with uniquely New Orleans twists. If you like Bloody Marys, make sure you have the one they serve. Like everything on Pearl's menu it is made with a homemade Bloody Mary mix and is delivered in a generous portion. My group had the cheesy grits with eggs and sausage which were a throw back to breakfasts we had traveling in the south. We also had a roast beef sandwich with a generous portion of meat. Finally we also had Pearl's variation on Eggs Benedict served on beignets with a crawfish studded sauce. All of the portions were more than generous and the price was right. As I mentioned earlier, everything is homemade and the wait staff is great. Our server was very knowledgeable about the menu and gave me the impression that she had been there a long time. Finally, they gave the youngest member of our group a free dessert for being the MVP of his baseball tournament. It was completely unexpected and a very nice ending to a great meal.

We are already plotting our next trip to Northern Michigan to eat at Pearl's!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere