“A great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Edmore
Midland, Michigan
“A great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My youngest daughter from Chicago and I stayed here as it was really the only nice place to stay in this small village while we were visiting my oldest daughter who had just had a baby, our first grandchild. The staff bent over backwards to accommodate us. I even needed to leave early one morning and the continental breakfast was not set out until 6:30 am for guests. I asked if I could get breakfast earlier and they said give them a couple minutes and it was set out at 6:00 am just to accommodate me. I was really impressed. The rooms are really nice and the beds are just wonderful. They also have a nice pool and jacuzzi and a steam room and exercise room. I would recommend anyone traveling across state in Michigan to stay here if they have a chance.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
MaxfieldsInn, General Manager at Maxfield's Inn, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review.
We appreciate your kind words and are glad that we helped to make your stay more enjoyable.
We try to go the extra mile with our guests and it is nice when someone acknowledges our efforts.
Please keep us in mind for any future needs you might have. :)
C Benson, Manager
Maxfield's Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Alma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We stayed there with my daughter and her friend, it was very nice. The staff was great and Friendly. The pool was nice, the work out room nice too. If the prices were a little lower it would be perfect. The double bed room was not huge and there was no table to use to eat on or sit at.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind words. We are glad you took the time to post a review.
It is nice to hear that you appreciated the efforts of our staff members to be friendly and helpful to our guests.
We feel that our prices are fair and our records show we have had the same prices since 2003.
There were some renovations done last year and we are hoping to do some more in the coming year. Your suggestions for the table and chairs will be taken into consideration when we do them.
We hope you will keep us in mind when you are passing through the area again.
C. Benson, Manager
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

To be honest, I was a bit concerned about booking a stay here after reading some of the reviews. But, I was pleasantly surprised. The king bed room was very spacious and clean. The pillows were great and the down comforter was big and comfy. I was in the Mt. Pleasant/Remus area for a music Featival and the location was very convenient. The breakfast in the lobby was something we passed on and the lobby itself is not spectacular. With my AAA rate, I found this to be a good overall hotel option for the area.

• Stayed September 2012
Riverdale,MI,usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I like the big rooms but it was too expensive and i would stay there again if the price went down

Room Tip: the biger the room the better the experience the room with te hot tub was the cleanest and the best...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Livonia, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

We stayed here for a softball tournament. Was very pleased with the rooms and staff. The pool was clean and the kids enjoyed it. The best part was the Depot. Their breakfast,lunch, and dinner buffets were excellent as well as VERY affordable. The room was nice sized and the beds were comfy. The bathrooms were also spacious. My only complaint was the water pressure in the shower. It was okay but I like high pressure.. Very quaint town and would love to go back just for a nice relaxing weekend.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Walhalla, Michigan, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

I have stayed off and on at Maxfields. I work for Wesco and have to travel to that area often. It is not a 4 star hotel, but for the value, it works for me. I have always found the room, hallway, exercise room and lobby in very good condition. I have stayed here at least 12 times in the last 2 years, and have never had a complaint. For business travel, this is just fine. Breakfast buffet could offer more items, but even then...breakfast is not my main meal.

Room Tip: I always ask for a room upstairs towards the back because I am a light sleeper. I always find those...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Grand Rapids, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

what a dump, low quaility, dirty and over priced. 2nd rate truck stop quality

Room Tip: dont go there. stay someplace else.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Maxfield's Inn? Share your experiences!