“its all about the lack of value... I think the rate should be about $119/night” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Tawas Bay Beach Resort

You added Tawas Bay Beach Resort to your Saves list
Tawas Bay Beach Resort
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   300 East Bay Street, East Tawas, MI 48730 (Formerly "Holiday Inn")   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in East Tawas
Troy, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

The good: parking for motorcycles allowed under front awning, cod dinner delecious, lake view beauitful

The bad: waited approx an hour and a half for food, anybody could use the beach/tiki bar... stay at a cheaper place & use this beach, the pool was so over chlorinated, it was beyond useable, it's all about the value. if i paid $119/night, it would be perfect and I'd give a positive review. for $171/night, i should at least get a continental breakfast included.

do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else and walk over to use the amenities.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Shelby Township, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

I had found our stay to be very nice. The room was clean & comfortable. The food & drink coupons were used for all our meals during the stay. Food was good, enjoyed every meal. The room was very quite, (Bayside) I did see some local traffic on the beach and a few using the private docks not a big deal but feel the Hotel should curb that use as this is intended for the guests. Beach was very clean and found our stay enjoyable. I had booked a few day's over the Labor day weekend.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Northville, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2010

I'm not one to write a review with the busy life I have, but I had to take to the time to let everyone know if your looking for a place to stay and you want a vacation that will leave priceless memories this is the place. I had reserved approx 8 rooms for 2 nights for family and friends, the kids had a great time swimming on an almost perfect beach, the water is kid friendly with no big drop offs, this was great for my 8 years old and his cousins. The hotel rooms were very nice and bigger that most, new carpet was in all the rooms I had reserved, we also had lake view rooms, Wow what a view. Don't be afraid of this hotel even it is a retired holiday Inn, you would never know it from the inside. The staff was fantastic and very co operative with our every need. Thanks again to everyone there our stay was an AAAAAA++++++++. One other thing if you love camp fires on the beach this is the place, you can start your own fire and be left alone of you could asked anyone of the worked for help and I know they would do it for you. I preferred doing it my self and teaching the kids how grandpa use to start his camp fire. Enjoy I'm sure you will be leaving comments like this. Also if you are a boater the launch is 2 doors down and they have a very nice dock for your boat. their is so much to do in the Tawas area if you enjoy the outdoors, beach, lakes swimming etc... Have a great time I did..

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Livonia, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

We have stayed many times at this fabulous resort. The rooms are clean and fresh, with comfortable beds, and now new carpet!. The staff is friendly and they aim to please. The Topsider Restaurant has great food at reasonable prices. It can be a casual breakfast while enjoying views of the bay, or in the evening it can be romantic for a special celebration. The sugar sand beach is like paradise! Or you can enjoy the heated indoor pool, hot tub, and the pool area has been recently remodeled. The surrounding town is quaint, many specialty shops. Enjoy a stroll on the pier, taking in the sights of boats and sunrises. New owners have made phenomenal improvements!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Troy, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2010

Lets begin with drive to this resort, theres a span of 35 miles that you must drive 35 mph on.. I don't even want to get started on first impressions, because frankly nobody in this city is friendly or even acts normal. When we first arrived to the hotel my facial expression ( -_- ) and if it hadn't been for the 3 hour drive, Im pretty sure this would have been an easy decision to just drive back.. but anyways we continued. The rooms smell like a mixture of stale cigarettes and onions. Service is awful, the pool is decent only if you have enjoy simple leisures in your bathtub, and if you think swimming in the lake is plan b think again. We then decided to rent jet skis only to find out there was one available (keep in mind there were 8 of us) and then we asked about the boat rental which we payed up front only to find out that it had a dead battery -_- The rental managers told us that they would give us a deal the next day... too bad the next day was thunder storming.. still haven't found them to get our money back, so we then decided to go to the fitness room two bikes and two treadmills, so i guess that was somewhat mediocre compared to this god forsaken hotel. The people in this city are very strange and after 7 pm this city is a ghost town, well actually it was a ghost town before but after it just seems to feel like alcatraz. I ordered pizza and decided to cancel the order after literally 2 min, they told me they would not cancel the pizza and that they would call the police if I didn't come pick it up.. anyways i strongly suggest that nobody stays at this hotel, I have never thought of writing a review, but after the 3o hours of boredom at this place I decided that it would be well worth it to write a review if it would prevent another innocent soul from every staying here.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Livonia, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel several times. Over the past few years they have made some great improvements, making it an even better trip every time! The service is very friendly. The pool is always very clean and warm. My room even had brand new carpet. The restaurant always has tasty food and it's priced right. I love lounging on the beach and walking on the pier right next door.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
East Tawas, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2010

this isnt your average holiday inn. food is awsome and something for everyone. cant beat the price. very friendly staff and the most beautiful location in michigan. have stayed on more than one occasion and have had the nicest time. gets better everytime i go there and yes keep coming back!!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Tawas Bay Beach Resort? Share your experiences!