“Long Ride” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 3 hotels in East Tawas
Port Huron
“Long Ride”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Rode the harley from Marquette Mi to East Tawas Mi a total of 378 miles.After the ride this place hit the spot with a in house resturant and bar.Have stayed here a few times and have always had great service.Room was big and quiet, so had a good night of sleep to start fresh in the morning.Easy check out and a good breakfast on the Resort.

Room Tip: Get a room on the lake Huron side and enjoy the sunrise!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

128 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Clinton Township, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

My wife and I were guests on a Thursday and Friday with great accommodations. Because I am handicapped and a handicapped room was not available, the management went out of their way to make our stay a pleasant one. As a Thursday night guest our dinners were 10% off and Fridays breakfast was on the house. Saturday we were able to watch a tri-Athlon event sponsored by the Resort and other businesses in the neighborhood. This event was the first one we were able to attend. As to the meals, I had prime rib, baked potato and drinks (10%) off. Breakfast the next morning was from a limited menu but infact was one of the best morning meals we had ever enjoyed anywhere. Along with the event taking place in town, the restaurants and other stores were open and had very interesting gifts and souveniers.

Room Tip: Call ahead directly to the establishment and discuss the accomodations you require.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Pinckney, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is a converted Holiday Inn, and it shows. The hotel has a bit of a musty smell and much of the decor is outdated, the location is great, right on the water, and the room rates are quite reasonable. I have occasion to travel to the area for business, when I do I will stay here if there is availability.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

I agree the rooms do need an update, but all in all we had a great view. Staff was great and so was breakfast. Labor Day weekend was busy, Bikinis had great entertainment Saturday and Sunday . We have stayed here before and will go back again .

• Stayed September 2013
Livonia, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

My husband & I got married at this resort on June 29th 2013 and I want to say that I am so glad we chose this resort, they really took care of us!! If you are considering doing the same thing do not hesitate, you won't regret it! I have had no less than 20 people tell me it was the best wedding they have ever been to!! First of all I can't give enough praise to the wedding event coordinator Jasmin Hewitt, she is amazing and paid close attention to every detail. She emails you all the information you need ahead of time, from menu to pricing to beverage choices and you simply email her back your choices. The day before the event she carefully helps you remember what everyone needs to do and is more than willing to accommodate any of your needs. She also paid close attention to our bar budget and as soon as we were close to running out of our set price point she let us know so we could switch to a cash bar. Our ceremony was on the beach, and I thought it was really cool that we were able to rent out the beach patio for our cocktails and appetizers where there was plenty of seating for the guests. The decorations for the banquet room were done by one of Jasmine's recommendations, Shelley with Antiques & Uniques and she was also amazing!! Be sure to ask Jasmin for her information, or Google the shop in Au Gres. The banquet room was absolutely breathtaking!! Now the one thing I hear over and over and I also agree with is the food at this place is no less than INCREDIBLE! We had 4 appetizers during our cocktail hour, and 2 main dishes and 4 sides during the reception and they all couldn't have tasted better. My guests were also saying how impressed they were with the food here. Make sure you try the coconut shrimp with Pina Colada dip or lobster, cheese, and spinach dip for appetizers and the homemade macaroni & cheese with dinner! Even before our event we were very impressed with the quality of the food every time we ate here. The main reason I didn't give this place 5 stars is because of the room quality. Although we stayed in one of the 2 King Jacuzzi suites which are the only updated rooms, the rooms my guests stayed in were just average in my opinion. Clean, not bad but not great either. Jasmin indicated that an upgrade to all the rooms was coming next year, I really hope so because it would help to take this place to the next level. Many other reviewers complain about the lack of customer service but I never saw that. Maybe it was because I was the bride? However even on my previous stays here the service seemed fine to me. Bottom line, DO choose this place for your wedding. We are planning on spending many future summer weekends at this resort also!!

Room Tip: Ask for the King Jacuzzi suite even if you do not plan on using the Jacuzzi. They will be priced hi...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Saginaw, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

First of all, I have been staying here for the past 10 years. Every year the price goes up at least $10. Before when I would tell them how many times I've stayed there they would knock a little off. Not any more. The rate keeps going up every year. $185 this year!!! We come as couples every year in August for a getaway before having to get the kids ready to start school. The first thing we do is go to Bikini's. Marcy remembers us every year and is amazing. We spend a ridulous amount of money in there. The first problem started when some one in our hallway was smoking pot. My sister had an allergic reaction to it. I went to the front desk and spoke with Richard. He was great. Unfortuneatly the hotel was full and we could not be moved. She spent the night misserable and popping Benadryl. We left her there and went to the lounge. It took 10 minutes for 1 of the 2 bartenders to even acknowledge that we were there, then after getting our drinks the blonde female was so busy on her phone and talking with one of the kitchen staff that no one was getting waited on unless they got right in front of them at the service station. The blonde bartender had been talking to the kitchen staff person about us, because she (the kitchen person) walked by us and purposly bumped into my brother in law and gave us all dirty looks. I am a sales manager at a hotel and if one of my staff did that they would be gone. In all these years or in any other hotel I have never felt so unwelcome and like a second class citizen. They were rude, nasty and very unprofessional. I get that by the end of the night your tired of dealing with people that have been drinking all day, but we were adults minding our own business trying to enjoy our weekend. Quit if you hate your job so much. I have watched this place slowly go down hill. It's run down and old. The only thing they having going for them is the location. I guess you can piss off your guests because you're on the Bay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Lexington, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

The location and the beach are great. One of the nicest beach fronts around. The price was reasonable for the time an location. The property is old and verging on being run down. The door to our room could only be opened if you pulled the handle up and then pushed on it hard. While the room was generally clean it looked like the bed had been made by a two year old or at least someone that had never made a bed before. Made us wonder if it had been changed at all - EW!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Tawas Bay Beach Resort? Share your experiences!