“pleasantly surprised!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson East Lansing

You added Howard Johnson East Lansing to your Saves list
Howard Johnson East Lansing
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1100 Trowbridge Road, I-127 Trowbridge Road Exit, East Lansing, MI 48823 (Formerly Ramada)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in East Lansing
TAMPA
“pleasantly surprised!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

happy with service, room size. Desk clerk at 3: 30 am check-in not familiar with reward usage, thought had to charge me. Resolved it. No problems with other clerks, in fact, very helpful. Attendees at breakfast service very attentive. Selections average.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Great location for MSU events. The rooms are a bit tired, but certainly do the job for the amount of time you are in them. The shower needs some upgrades, but other than that, our stay was great.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Palos Hills
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I am usually reluctant to book rooms at Howard John hotels due to several disappointing experiences. This hotel however, surprised me. The room was very clean with enough work room for me and my computer. The bathroom was very small but I got through it okay. My room was on the first floor adjacent to a really nice indoor pool with lots of open area around it for large groups to gather for business meetings, parties, etc. The morning breakfast was so-so. Michigan State University is only minutes away from this location. The hotel is easy to find off I496 & Trowbridge Road. I'll stay here again if I return to the Lansing area.

Room Tip: Any of the rooms around the pool are convenient to access. However, weekends might be noisy with kid...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
OXFORD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Well I was unable to get into my room and had to go to the lobby twice to get into it and they had to use a key to get in as non of the cards would work. I was informed that they had to get the maintenance guy over to change the lock. This was around 4:00. When we came back from dinner around 10:00 the lock had still not been replaced and we were again not able to get into our room. It was a good thing we had friends in another room to use their restroom as we tailgated in the parking lot. The manager stated she would take care of us at check out for the inconvenience. When I went to check out the check out clerk said she would not check me out and the manager was not in and wanted me to leave t my name, Phone number and room number for her to call me. I never received a phone call and I checked my credit card and saw I was billed $168.00 inwhich my room charge was suppose to be $144.00 so I'm not sure what else I was charged for let alone not even getting a bit of a discount for my inconcenience PLUS not even a getting a phone call from the manager. I am a very unhappy customer as the manager first of all never even called me. This is not GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! The mangers name is Stacey.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

CUYAHOGA FALLS
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Pictures on website are not what you will find at this hotel. It is a very run down hotel in a bad neighborhood. Stay as far away as possible! Rooms were dirty, beds were marshmallows and a train comes by about every ten minutes.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Rapid River, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

have to stay here two nights for business. room looks old and a little worn out. the internet connectiob died after about 15minutes and wont reconnect and the desk is smaller than a dorm desk!cant wait to ck out in 36hours! you soooo get what you pay for here. its just depressing. looking forward to the hyatt in livonia next. they are always great. will never come back here

• Stayed September 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

So sorry we stayed here. Old, crappy depressing rooms furniture looked like old college rejects did not seem like a safe area. . Breakfast was the worst. They had one, two slice toaster for the whole hotel. Very over priced.

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Howard Johnson East Lansing? Share your experiences!