“OK Burger Just average experience” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #26 of 177 Restaurants in East Lansing
Cuisines: American
Dimondale
“OK Burger Just average experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Went for lunch with my wife and had the sweet potato chips, train wreck burger and she had BLT. Atmosphere was pleasant-chain style, noisy, TV's and music blaring-fie for kids. No silverware by the way. Service was just average, nothing bad to note. I left hungry but I felt for what I got it was a bit pricey, but the quality of the food was good. Everything was fresh and surprisingly not greasy. My wife and I decided not to try it again even though we couldn't fault our experience, I guess for menu that has a burger called "Train Wreck" I was expecting a little more character.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

East Lansing, Michigan
“Changes”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

When I first went to Bagger Dave's I was enamored. You could customize your own burger, your own fries, and they had an excellent craft beer list. So I came back quite a few times and each time my opinion changed. The prices are just ok. You can get similar "customizable" food at other restaurants. And the beer list never seems to be up to date. They're always out. And twice I've gotten a spoiled beer. Not very good experiences. Also, the staff is friendly but really only if it's not crowded otherwise you can't really get anyone to pay attention to you.

Lansing, Michigan
“Good Burger Joint. Tasty local beer on tap.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

The reviews on Trip Advisor seem to be pretty mixed about Bagger Dave's but we really enjoyed our burgers and we thought the fries were some of the best you can find in East Lansing. This restaurant is located in the old Country Market Grocery store near the intersection of Grand River and Hagadorn. We thought they did a nice job with the interior renovations and found the old black and white pictures of MSU and East Lansing to be really interesting.

Some people have complained about the prices but unlike Five Guys you get table service here and the burgers are only slightly more expensive than Five Guys. Also, unlike Five Guys, you have many choices of local Michigan beers on tap. If you aren't sure what type of beer to get, you can get a sampler of beers and try four different kinds.

There are two sizes of burgers. The regular size is two .35/lb patties and the small size is just one .35/lb patty. The burgers definitely fill you up. I had the bacon bbq burger, which was priced just below $7 and a very tasty burger. The bacon was generously applied and perfectly cooked.

We went on a Monday night and the place was empty, so we got great service. Maybe we just hit it on a good night but we will definitely be back. Looking forward to the warmer weather and dining on the outdoor patio.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“A good option in East Lansing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Had dinner there with my husband and college age son. Although not a super diverse menu, the food was good and arrived quickly. You can custom order your hamburgers and they got the order right. They have both larger and smaller burgers and I like the option of a smaller burger. It seemed like mine could have been a bit more done (I don't recall them asking how I wanted it cooked). My husband had the egg sandwich and he said it was very good on the sourdough bread. My son ordered custom fries and he liked them as well. The caesar salad was a bit peppery. The artichoke dip and chips were a hit. We did not try their beers, but they seem to have quite a few craft beers. The restaurant seemed to appeal to all types--college kids, families, etc. Lot's of TVs to watch sports, and the restaurant is bigger than it appears from the outside.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Michigan
“Decent food but pricey”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

Visited Bagger Dave's for the first time this week. The atmosphere/decor in the restaurant is certainly nice. Our waitress asked if we had ever been here and since we had not, gave us a thorough explanation of how things worked. I opted for the Build Your Own Burger as she mentioned their specialty burgers were 7 ounces which was just too much for me. I ordered the small build your own burger with cheese and a diet coke. I didn't get any fries or other extras. Although the burger was tasty, at $7.50 for just the small burger and coke, I'm not sure I'd return.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere