“Reasonable price and convenient ” 4 of 5 stars

Kellogg Hotel And Conference Center
219 S. Harrison Road, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824   |
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in East Lansing
East Lansing, Michigan
“Reasonable price and convenient ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

The room was small but nice. I had a king size bed and a desk as chair. It was very conveniently located to MSU. I did not like that the shower was not separated but right in the bathroom. This was not ideal and one had to be careful anti nit getting ones feet wet.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Rebecca S, Manager at Kellogg Hotel And Conference Center, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Kellogg. Our standard bathrooms are on the small size and European in design in order to best utilize the space. We do have rooms with tubs that can be requested at the time of reservation. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

The service staff are very nice. The hotel is nice but a little 80's in my opinion. The rooms are fine and decorated okay but are small. There is quite a bit of shelving in it which doesnt help. The bathrooms are unusual in that the shower goes directly onto the bathroom floor with just a curtain ineffectively preventing the water from getting over the entire floor. It isnt good design. On the upside the fixtures are spa-like and there is a nice light in the "shower" - I dont know why all showers dont have lights in them. There were nice Tarroco products in it which smelled like orange. The rooms were clean except that when I opened the closet a light automatically flipped on and showed a spare blanket with long hairs all over it (yuck) that obviously needed washing. I would stay there again if I had to - it was ok but nothing special in my opinion.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Rebecca S, General Manager at Kellogg Hotel And Conference Center, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
I'm sorry to hear that you found our bathroom design unsatisfactory. Although the space is small, we have tried to utilize the area in the most efficient way possible. We do offer rooms with bathtubs which can be requested when making a reservation or at check-in based on availability.

Each and every one of our guests' experiences is of the utmost importance to us and I appreciate you taking the time to provide specific feedback.
Mackinaw City, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

Ultra clean. Well-organized. First Class customer service. Friendly customer service. Good linens. Quality amenities. Great room layouts. Quiet rooms. Excellent location on the Northeast edge of Michigan State University campus.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Rebecca S, Manager at Kellogg Hotel And Conference Center, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thank you for your kind remarks regarding our hotel. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.
Richlands, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

I have now stayed in the Kellogg Center three times as a judge for the Odyssey of the Mind World Finals and of the hotels in the current rotation, it is by far my favorite. In fact, part of the judges stay in the Marriott in East Lansing, but my parents and I always ask to stay in the Kellogg Center. Two of the times I've stayed, we were in the suite which worked out well. The last time we were in a standard room which was very tight for the three of us (not the hotel's fault as they do not make the room assignment), but was fine really as we weren't in the room very much. I don't mind the bathrooms at all, even though I'm a bit of a klutz and a slick bathroom floor isn't ideal for me. I love the restaurant in the hotel and I eat there as many times as I can while I'm there. The staff has always been great. I look forward to staying there again in 2015 when we return to East Lansing for World Finals.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Rebecca S, Manager at Kellogg Hotel And Conference Center, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We're so happy that you enjoyed your visit to campus during the Odyssey of the Mind competition and that you chose to stay at the Kellogg Center. We look forward to your return visit in 2015!
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Stayed here back in Sept. 2013, for a wedding. The hotel welcome was great, and my request for a high floor was fulfilled. The room was nice a corner king, with great views of the campus. The bathroom shower was a little weird and like other reviewers have said can make a mess of the bathroom floor with water. We had a breakfast buffet in the morning and it was great lots of variety to choose from. The gift shop is great a full of all kinds of souvenirs. I'm not sure if there was a pool or not I didn't see one during my short stay but that's ok. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone coming to MSU.

Room Tip: Book a corner king, compared to the standard room you'll enjoy the extra space.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Rebecca S, Manager at Kellogg Hotel And Conference Center, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will choose to stay with us again when you visit East Lansing!.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have stayed at the Kellogg twice since my daughter became a student at MSU this fall. Both times we stayed in larger luxury rooms which are still a great value at the special MSU family rate and much larger than the standard rooms. We found the rooms very comfortable and nicely decorated and I like the bathrooms with no tub. The one thing that really makes the Kellogg great is their staff. We had two rooms last time and they could not get them on the same floor because they had a large conference booked in the hotel. So they upgraded one of the rooms to a suite, for the same rate. The suite was huge and very nice. We ate dinner in the State Room that night and it was very nice, if a little expensive. But the food was excellent as was our waiter. The next morning when we went down for breakfast, they couldn't seat our large group in the dining room, so they seated us in one of the conference rooms. It was actually very nice, like having our own private dining room. I expect that we will be visiting campus quite a lot over the next four years and we will try to stay at the Kellogg.

• Stayed November 2013
Rebecca S, Manager at Kellogg Hotel And Conference Center, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our staff to be so accommodating. We always strive to go the extra mile in Delivering Outstanding Spartan Experiences to all our guests, and hearing feedback such as yours makes it all worthwhile.
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

If you're visiting the MSU campus for a game, a concert, whatever, this is a great place to stay. If you're in East Lansing for some other reason, this might not be the best place for you. That being said, there's nothing wrong with it. It's clean, comfortable, affordable. But it IS on campus and the rooms are very small. The bathrooms are a tad 'odd', but again, still a decent place to stay on campus.

PROS
Extremely reasonably priced
Decent food from room service
Attached parking garage - very convenient
Nice staff (lots of student workers)
Comfortable beds and pillows
Clean
Quiet
Nice flat screen television with good channel line up
Decent desk/work area but lighting is not great
MSU apparel store on site

CONS
Very small rooms
Odd bathrooms - look at the pictures on here so you know what I am talking about
Lighting in room is poor; in bathroom it's okay
Very limited countertop space in bathroom
Would be extremely cramped for two people to share a 1 bed room
Needs updating with outlets by the bed

If you're going to MSU, stay there. If not, stay somewhere else if you need more space.

Room Tip: Rooms are tiny. When I first stayed here, I thought I was in some odd room based upon the shower/bat...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the feedback on your stay with us. We're pleased you enjoyed your time at our hotel and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Been to Kellogg Hotel And Conference Center? Share your experiences!