“No bathtub, small room” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in East Lansing
Troy, Michigan
“No bathtub, small room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

I stayed there for a conference. The hotel has decent restaurants and bars, but the room is minimal. The bathroom does not have a bathtub, and shower is not convenient for use due to very limited space. I would say the hotel is designed efficiently for conference, but not good for other use.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Portland, OR
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

We stayed here for an MSU football/basketball game weekend. The location was fantastic (walking distance to everything) but the room was tiny and the bathroom was cruise-ship-esque - miniscule but functional. Even though the hotel was sold out, we didn't hear a sound from anyone around us; it was fantastically quiet. Queen bed was comfortable. Restaurant downstairs was really good. Overall - adequate place to stay in a great location.

Room Tip: It sounds like there are larger rooms/suites somewhere in the building - upgrade if you can!!!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

My husband and I attended a conference here in early October, and we were really pleased with the facility and the always-smiling staff. Our room was a bit small, and the bathroom was -- well, odd. Instead of a shower, there was a shower head attached to the ceiling and a curtain to separate the shower space from the rest of the bathroom (think semi-private hospital room curtain). However, you really have to give it to them for their efficient use of space!

For a conference, this was ideal. For a wedding reception, probably not so much. First of all, I don't know if I'd want my guests staying in the rooms. They're perfectly adequate and tastefully-decorated, but I don't know if they're worth the price. Second, there were multiple wedding receptions there on the two days that we stayed. Maybe it's just me, but walking through 2-3 conferences and 2-3 other wedding receptions (and potentially running into another bride) is just not my idea of how I want to celebrate my "big, special, supposedly-unique" day.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Haslett, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

The entire staff of the Kellogg Center is to be congratulated on tending to every detail of my daughters wedding from the initial event staff, guest services at checkin, the quality of the rooms,the set up of the reception site, the quality and quantity of food preparation, wait staff and others I have failed to mention. If I needed a do-over (only daughter) i would come back to the Kellogg Center again and have mentioned these accolades to many, many others. Can't go wrong with this venue, they truly Deliver an Outstanding Customer Experience. The wedding was outdoors at the MSU South Horticulture Gardens, a truly spectacular ceremony venue.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

We must have gotten the downgraded room version since the room we had was nothing like the recent reviews here. We chose this hotel since it is affiliated with and close to Michigan State. Our room was nicely furnished, but cramped with 2 double beds. The bathroom was extremely small with a shower head coming (and continuously dripping) from the ceiling. There was nothing to contain the shower water so then the entire floor and room was wet after the shower. ICK! We used all of our towels up just to mop the floor, toilet and vanity. Weirdly, the "elevator music" the hotel used throughout the hotel could be heard coming into the bathroom somehow. Kind of cool until you realize that there is no way to turn it off and it continued all night! Maybe I'm just too old for this type of hip arrangement, but I won't be back even though I will have a daughter going to school there for the next 4 years.

Room Tip: I have no idea how to get the best room. At the time of booking I couldn't get the website to a...
texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

We booked the summer special and were thoroughly impressed by the quality of accommodations. We were upgraded to a suite - extremely roomy, modern decor, luxurious bathroom with high-end massage jacuzzi. Don't know how we lucked out like that!

The summer special made the Kellogg Center more economical than most of the budget chains in the area - what a deal! Included 2 hot breakfast choices on the State Room menu each morning - delicious! Great way to start the day. In-room coffee maker is also top quality. Beds are extremely comfortable with beautiful linens.

Great location for MSU access. Also convenient to many restaurants and shopping in the area. Staff is very helpful and knowledgeable - both prior to and during the stay.

We will definitely be back and will recommend the Kellogg Center to all our friends and family visiting East Lansing/Lansing!

Room Tip: Off-peak times will increase chances of upgrade
Grosse Pointe, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

I love the Kellogg Center; I have stayed here six times and have never been disappointed; friendly knowledgeable staff, great location for MSU; clean rooms.

Room Tip: GREAT rooms, but carpet needs updates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Been to Kellogg Hotel And Conference Center? Share your experiences!