“Don't let the outside of this place fool you!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Stay Inn & Suites

You added Stay Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Stay Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3250 East Jefferson Avenue, Detroit, MI 48207 (Formerly "Days Inn")   |
Ranked #27 of 34 Hotels in Detroit
“Don't let the outside of this place fool you!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2014

We were in town for Halloween and took in a couple of concerts as we do every year. As soon as we walked in our room we knew we made a bad choice. We looked around the room and noticed no alarm clock and no lock of any kind on door. The first night wasn't too horrible, or so we thought until we woke up to find the floor and our clothes soaked from the shower on the other side of the wall. Obviously from a bad leaky pipe. The second night we had no hot water. people across from us, beside us and above us all running up and down the hall and stairwell screaming and partying til 5 a.m. The staff wasn't too bad. they seemed friendly. And one of the oddest things about this whole place was the windows. you have a window in your room but your not looking outside, you are looking into room across from you. luckily there were very heavy drapes on them.

Room Tip: I would definitely NOT recommend this place unless you are desperate for a place to stay while in to...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2014

We checked in at 3pm on a week day. We thought it looked a bit dodgy and during the day was a bit loud but we slept like a baby at night.
Everything was fine, clean sheets, clean room, tidy, everything worked like wifi, tv, shower. Just one thing bothered me a lot...the smell of stale smoke was pretty bad.
But for $ 50, we overlooked it and just put the fan on.
It's a good choice for 1-2 nights on a budget

Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2014

From the second we walked through the door from the hallway we knew we made a bad decision. The hallways floor were wet, ceiling tiles falling out, security camera hanging. Room was absolutely disgusting. Smelled horrible, like stale smoke. Hot, A/C didn't work, could barely sleep. No hot water in the shower, no deadbolt or chain on the door. In a VERY sketchy neighborhood. We had originally booked for two nights but barely made it through the first night. Even though we paid for the second night, there was no way we could stay again. Never again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2014

I arrived at 2 a.m. after a long flight. The desk clerk was extremely rude, almost to the point of hostility. I was awakened at about 4 by the massive bedbug infestation in my room. Horrible, I wouldn't stay here again if my life depended on it. Priceline assigned this to me, and I am going to give them hell about it. This place should not even be open.

Room Tip: Not here unless you want to have to burn all of your clothes.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

I arrive at the hotel late night early morning. I wish i couldve ask to view the room before paying . It was absolutly disgusting . The hallways smelled like cat urine . To suite was next to a door that had a broken window or a big hole. Carpet, walls ,stairs was dirty , staff were not professional in any way. When you open the room you get a smell that made you gag. The lady at front desk was unprofessional on howvshe conducted business . She offer another room but is your luxery room is this bad why would i go to another . The whole hotel seem like a neighborhood quickie spot. Im beyond disatisfied. Lastly, they would not give me a refund . To me it seems like entrapment subpar hotel service building itself. There needs to some kind if inspection . Location is good which i assume it would be a descent hotel.

• Stayed August 2014
Saginaw, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Checked in around 4pm on a Friday and the AC was not working at all in our room, went to the front desk to inform them and they came immediately to check on it, I decided to ask if there were any larger rooms available for the night and do happy I did! they had a suite on third floor that i absolutely loved! Room was spacious, clean and quiet.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Our room was 100 degrees the entire time and we had our air conditioner on high. It was just a shady place. The room was disgusting. Sheets dirty. Tub filthy. I can't even about the toilet seat. Shady people. Creepers. Definitely were over charged for our stay. I wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy.

• Stayed July 2014

Been to Stay Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!