“Absolutely Disgusting” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Stay Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added Stay Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Stay Inn & Suites
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3250 East Jefferson Avenue, Detroit, MI 48207 (Formerly "Days Inn")   |
Ranked #18 of 34 hotels in Detroit
Corunna, ON
“Absolutely Disgusting”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

I had a bad feeling about the hotel from the second I pulled into the parking lot. I went into the lobby to check in for my reservation which was 2 rooms with king beds and it looked like there had been a tornado that went through it. I got my keys and the man told me to go to entrance 2 because my room was closer to that entrance. I walked over to the entrance the door wasn't even locked so anyone could access the hall my room was in located at all times. The hallways were not heated and absolutely freezing. I walked into my room it smelled like a cigarette ash tray. Checked out my room went into the washroom only to find cigarette ashes all over the tub and bathroom floor. It was absolutely disgusting I wouldn't even let a homeless person sleep in that filth. And the best part of it was when I went to go back to the lobby to cancel my reservation and ask for my money back they basically said too bad and still charged me full price for two rooms!! Absolutely the worst hotel I've ever walked through and the worst customer service I've ever received especially from a manager. I would strongly suggest walking away from the idea of booking a room at this hotel. You will thank me for it!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

4 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

The Service is great and friendly. The Rooms are clean and beds are comfortable. The Prices for the rooms are reasonable. My husband And I always stay here when in Detroit. Restaurants deliver and the location is great. The is a good place to stay if you are staying for A day or two in downtown Detroit.

Room Tip: Second floor is the best or the jacuzzi rooms
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Jersey City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

I was on a business trip at Detroit and I stayed at Stay Inn for one week . The most remarkable thing about the hotel is the very helpful and generous staff . Also, considering the location and services ,the hotel is a great bargain actually .

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Been to Stay Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Stay Inn & Suites

Stay Hotel
Stay Inn And Suites
Stay Hotel Detroit
Address: 3250 East Jefferson Avenue, Detroit, MI 48207 (Formerly "Days Inn")
Location: United States > Michigan > Detroit
Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool
Ranked #18 of 34 hotels in Detroit
Hotel Class:1.5 star — Stay Inn & Suites 1.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Tingo, HotelsClick, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Stay Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Stay Inn & Suites, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.