“Nice Place for the Price” 3 of 5 stars

Detroit Regency Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1999 East Jefferson Avenue, Detroit, MI 48207   |
Ranked #18 of 33 Hotels in Detroit
Atlanta, Georgia
“Nice Place for the Price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

I stayed at the hotel for one week and while it was apparent that a few local folks brought ladies of the night in from time to time, I did not have any problems. The heat worked well, shower was hot, bed was comfortable. The FREE continental breakfast and distance to my meetings allowed me to save tremendously.

It's not a Westin or Hyatt, but if you need a comfortable bed, safe location and close to downtown areas - this is the hotel for you. I'll be staying again next year during my annual convention.

Room Tip: 2nd and 3rd Floor are best, ask for "low traffic" floor.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012 via mobile

When I arrived to Detroit, I didn't have a hotel reserved. The taxi driver recommend a different hotel on Jefferson for me. When I arrived at the hotel I was terrified to even step out of the taxi. Then he brought me to the Regency hotel. The staff was excellent, I requested extra towels and Andy was kind enough to deliver it to my room. Later that evening, I called down to the front desk and the gentlemen working recommended the Coney Island next door to eat. Great stay for your money. I will be back for the hoedown and the regency is definitely where I am going to stay. Thank you for making my trip an experience.

• Stayed March 2012
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2011

I consider myself to be a coinsurer for discovering hotels that fit my budget ($100 or less) and provide me with great quality and service. However, this hotel is by far the worst place I have ever stayed at, in all of my travels, and I travel around the country a lot.
1) The rooms beside me reeked of weed, and nothing was done about it
2) There were numerous hairs found in my towels and bed sheets prior to use
3) The walls are paper thin, was woken up at 545am by extremely inappropriate bed noises and voices- could recite neighbours every word without them even yelling
4) When asked if there were plates for the breaskfast, the staff laughed and said they were all gone then ignored me
****Spend the extra money and go to a different hotel

Room Tip: the more the discounts, the worse the room
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2011

7.30 am thats when i checked in 04/11/2011 the guy in front desk works at his own space and i was greeted like i was begging for a room or they are helping me by renting the room. Amazing comfort not for the guest the guy who was in front desk never got up from chair he was relaxing and talking like he is talking to his buddy. Horrible experience the rooms are nasty and dirty. I just dropped my Luggage off in the hotel in the morning and washed my face in the bathroom never realized the towel is dirty. location is good its in downtown. Amenities smell every where u feel like u came to downgrade bar. very dark inside. the very moment i got down the taxi driver warned me not to stay in this hotel. If you dont have a good property you should have at least good customer care to make it up. The guy charged me with extra n early check in where as i told him i am just dropping off my luggage thats it. in short Bad bad bad yes if you are Dirty place to live...

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

It was a last minute trip we took to Detroit. I called at least 10 different hotels in the area and I must say that none were as pleasant as this. We booked the last two rooms they had. At arrival I met Steve and Andy, what friendly guys. The shuttle driver was friendly and funny also. He took us to Greek town Casino and back for no charge. The breakfast and the service we received was just phenomenal. Overall, I thought everything went smooth.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2010

I really enjoyed staying at the Detroit Regency. The staff was very helpful ,and welcomed me very nicely. The room was great everything was nice, and i was very comfortable. I am reading other peoples feedback and it is nothing like they say Next time i am in the area i am definitely going to say at Regency

Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2010 via mobile

My family and I came to Detroit for the bears game. The minute you walk in you are welcomed by a great staff. Everyone is extra helpful and friendly. We have traveled to many places but this time it felt different, more like family. The shuttle was a huge plus, took us to the game and back. The manager was super nice, cute, and friendly.

• Stayed December 2010

Been to Detroit Regency Hotel? Share your experiences!