“I would stay here again!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Henry Ford Family Package
Ranked #7 of 33 hotels in Detroit
MOGADORE
“I would stay here again!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Stayed for 1 night and had no problems and it was in a good area. Never felt unsafe and the security was constantly in the parking lot and you could only enter if your name was on the stay list. Room was clean and the bed comfy! Within 10 minutes to an area of lots of dining and The Henry Ford Museum!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

641 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Eden Prairie, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at Double Tree from Friday, May 31, 2013 to Sunday, June 2, 2013. The hotel was very quiet, clean and in a very nice location in the Detroit Michigan area. The staff was professional at all times and they were able to answer all of our questions during the stay. I would have not problem staying here again in the future. I would also recommend this hotel to my friends and family that are looks for a wonderful experience. The pool was a nice size the the exercise room nice. I only used it once because of the limited time we stay at the hotel. This was just a weekend trip for us and found the hotel online using my smart phone.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I am an HHonors Diamond Member who has been blessed with the opportunity to travel the world and stay at Hilton Brand Hotels in Europe, North America, Middle East, North Africa and Asia. I honestly can say that in all my travels I have never once experienced such superb customer service at any Hotel.

The staff truly and willingly goes the distance to ensure that their guests are comfortable and happy. From small things like constantly responding with "my pleasure" to innovative ways to accommodate guest needs through alternate room arrangements for large Families to the fantastic omelettes and breakfast buffet at Grill 39.

Great Prices, Comfortable Accommodations, Yummy Food and Amazing Customer Service ... My Family and I have a new favorite Hotel in Detroit, Michigan.

Room Tip: I highly recommend getting two side by side rooms for family outings rather than suites.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Hotel itself was busy with a "Steampunk" (???) convention and a wedding. The convention attendees were, as a group, incredibly rude - pushing past my mother (using a walker) to get on the elevator, etc. this actually happened THREE times during our visit. That's just awful. Our room was clean and in a good location away from the crowds. However, we could hear Every. Single. Word. That our neighbors spoke. I thought there was a vent or something connecting the rooms, but could find none. We could hear them even when they were quiet. Snoring, tapping on a laptop, everything. We are Hilton Diamond members and stay in countless hotels every year, and this was by far the worst adjoining-room noise problem we've ever experienced. The breakfast buffet was free for us (Diamond) and was passable. I wouldn't pay $12.95 for it. The servers on Sunday morning were wonderful. Very attentive. The young servers on Monday morning were terrible. We were ignored once we got our drinks. I booked this hotel based partially on the reviews. Maybe we got the worst "noise room" in the place and our experience is an anomaly, but I would probably look elsewhere before I stayed here again.

• Stayed May 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We just stayed at this hotel as it hosted the Up In The Aether convention over the Memorial weekend. The rooms were clean and comfortable, the restaurant had good food, and the staff was fantastic! They went above and beyond to make everyone comfortable and happy. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone. I know we will be staying here again in the near future.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Bay City, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on the Henry Ford/Greenfield Museum Package. The hotel front desk staff were extremely pleasant. I was impressed when the clerk came around the counter to personally hand us the room key and explain the package to us. The next morning we went to the restaurant for a full breakfast which was included in our package. Our waitress, Cheryl, was very personable. She even brought us coffee to go without even asking. She noticed how we were drinking it and made our "to go's" accordingly. IMPRESSIVE! The hotel and restaurant was very clean and beautifully decorated. Security was in the parking lot, felt very safe.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I highly recommend this hotel if you are going to be in the Detroit/Dearborn/Greenfield Village area. The staff are amazing and accomodating in every way at the front desk, restaurant, bar, everyone was so friendly and accomodating across the board. Generally the front desk may be helpful but then somewhere there is a staff that aren't not at this place. We stayed for the Up in the Aether Steampunk Convention and the staff even wore fake mustaches to go with the theme. This hotel was the perfect setting for this convention also and I hope we are able to have it again at this location. My only complaints which aren't really isn't anything major are a few updates could be made to the premises as far as showers being old and outside courtyard area needing some extra attention due to age, but everything was clean and mostly updated. Thank you Doubletree for making this a great weekend!

Room Tip: Corner suites are huge with a hallway that runs along the corner and around to the very private slee...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Detroit-Dearborn? Share your experiences!