“Great stay and loction” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 34 Hotels in Detroit
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Great stay and loction”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed the night with the family to attend a sporting event and the hotel and staff were great. Pool and hot tub were both nice as our kids enjoyed both. Great location with easy access to and from major roads. Staff was very nice and I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I have stayed at a lot of hotels in the Dearborn area over the last few years. Some of them have closed and some are still there, but this one is becoming my favorite place to stay in the area. I have stayed here a lot lately and the word from the 'regulars' matches my assessment. Great staff. Clean. Excellent meeting accommodations and great food. At first I was a little concerned about the area it is in but I haven't had any concerns or problems and none of the people I have talked to that stay there a lot more than I do have had any issues, either. I can easily recommend it to my friends, associates, and people traveling with family. The indoor pool and exercise area is great, too.

Easily one of the friendliest hotels that I have stayed at in a long time.

This is the first time I have ever written a review, so I must like it a lot!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I found myself staying at the Doubletree Dearborn when attending courses at Ford HQ. Usually we were put up at The Hampton Inn (A++ btw) but for this one week stint, we were put up at the Doubletree.
First for the positives:
- Exceptionally clean lobby and very nicely decorated.
- Front desk staff are quick to help you and are very proud to tell you about everything that is available within the hotel.
- When we stayed there they were just finishing up extensive renovations, but as a guest you would never know it. There was no issue with tradesmen walking about, noise level or even the usual dust and 'grim' that comes with renos. The hotel took great measures to ensure all renovations were kept to a particular part of the hotel and ensured guests could not access it or be disturbed by it. This was a big A+ for us!
- Starbucks coffee is served in the lobby during the afternoon and the hotel dining option was quite nice. A pleasant surprise after some horrible in-house dining experiences at other hotels.
- Rooms were spacious, clean and plush towels and robes await you (along with fresh baked cookies!)
- Gym is great. Very spacious and open and great equipment awaits you!

The not-so-positive-parts:
- The parking lot was filled with hydro trucks for a major construction project going on down the road (crew was staying at the hotel) and because of the huge Ford course, dozens of other cars were in the parking lot. We arrived and found ourselves without a place to park. Frustrating! When we went to check in (left car at front door), we informed the front desk agent, who apologized and called next door to a restaurant (Red Robin I think) and we were given permission to park there overnight. She also presented us with TWO tins of warm, fresh baked cookies (fresh cookies are a trademark check-in treat at the Doubletree).
- When we first checked in we were assigned a room that had been renovated but apparently hadn't been cleaned. About an inch of dust covered every part of the room and a stale mildew smell was obvious in the bathroom (despite having brand new everything). We called down to the front desk and were very quickly assigned a new room and sent another tin of fresh baked cookies.
-While getting out of the shower the next morning the housekeeping manager (a man) walked right into the room and saw me standing their completely naked. AWKWARD! I yelped and he screeched (yes, screeched!). The half dozen maids standing behind him just stood there for what seemed like forever. Needless to say I was livid! Turns out the guest room list he received was not updated so he was preparing to train new housekeepers on room upkeep when he barged in. I complained to the GM and was sent up a free tin of cookies (this is now the fourth tin we received in less than 24hrs) and a voucher for a free meal in the dining room.

When he followed up with us upon the check-out he apologized for the "comedy of errors" that had happened and gave us ANOTHER tin of fresh cookies (the fifth tin we received during our 3 day stay).

This was our first experience at a Doubletree Hotel and despite the parking and awkward manager walking in on me, we were impressed and have made a point of staying at other DT hotels when traveling in other cities. I have recommended this hotel to other business associates and have heard nothing but positive feedback about their stays.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Staff was so friendly and very helpful. The rooms were great! We received great service and my family had a wonderful time! It is a very nice hotel, but also made you feel at home and very comfortable. They have a gift shop which sells souveniers as well as little things that you may need but forgot to pack such as deoderant or a toothbrush! I needed to buy a card last minute for a wedding I was going to and the gift shop had the perfect one! It def saved me! we will for sure come back :)

• Stayed March 2013
Port Huron, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for a conference but we also stayed an extra night. Everyone was friendly, the hotel is beautiful, and the warm cookies at check in are amazing! Great area for a conference as well.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

The friendliness of the staff, along with a good bed and an onsite restaurant, made my stay to visit family in the area very pleasant. Initially, the location of the hotel, near the Southfield Freeway, didn't thrill me, but it was so easy to get around Dearborn and Detroit from there, that I would definitely stay there again. The pool and hot tub looked very nice. The business center with computers for guest use was helpful, and I liked the wifi in the room.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Mini girls weekend to Detroit, electing to stay at the Doubletree in Dearborn. Finding it off the highway is a little tricky but rewarding as you get the famous Doubletree cookie upon arrival (but at 300+ calories each, you may want to resist). Check-in was effortless and helpful. The room was well-appointed and clean; noise levels on our floor were just fine (we were about 10 doors away from the bank of elevators). No highway noise whatsoever, and were were facing the multi-lane highway. The pool and work-out facilities were excellent.
Just keep in mind that this location is near the Ford world headquarters in Dearborn... about a 20 minute drive into the downtown core of Detroit. Plan for a designated driver, as there is no significant public transit or shuttle available. A one-way cab into the downtown will run you $40 (which in girls' weekend language: 3.5 martinis). You are indeed close to some shopping (a Target store is a stone's throw across the highway overpass).

Room Tip: Always avoid elevators and ice machines ... but that goes for any hotel.