We have stayed here a few times before an early morning flight, most recently in August, 2013. The service is excellent, the rooms are clean and modern. Beds are very comfortable. It's everything a top hotel should be, and often the prices are very reasonable. The restaurant in the lobby was fair, and a bit on the expensive side.
There is a separate TSA security line near the hotel lobby, making it very convenient and quick to get into the airport. However, this also prevented us from accessing the stores and restaurants in the airport the night before our flight, because of the need for a boarding pass.
We will be staying here again in the near future. However, because we are not fans of the restaurant, we will likely eat dinner before we arrive at the airport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport, located in the new world-class McNamara Terminal, offers a private security entrance, latest technology and Detroit's most stylish & comfortable surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Starwood, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport Hotel Detroit
- Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport
- Detroit Westin