“Best Service Ever” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Best Service Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I have stayed at the Detroit Metro Airport hotel several times while traveling for work. This hotel is extremely convenient as it's located in the Delta Terminal of Detroit Airport. The hotel has a Westin guests only security line which makes checking out/flying insanely easy, they even have delta boarding pass kiosks right in their lobby.
In addition to the hotel's convenience for travel it is new and clean, and the rooms are spacious and comfortable. I love the Westin 'heavenly' bed, awesome.
And last but not least the best thing about the Westin Detroit Airport is their bartender Kim. Kim was professional, friendly, fast, well-spoken and I cannot thank her enough for being one of the best bartenders/servers I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. Business trips can suck and she made me feel like I was at a friend's house back home. Kim was never inappropriate or too familiar but she made all of the patrons at her bar feel comfortable and taken care of the entire time I was there. Give that woman a raise! I was at the bar Tues. night 1/15!
I would recommend this hotel. Kim really sealed the deal on this one, I will be staying at this Westin the next time I come to Detroit.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Paul D, Manager at The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Dear Valued Guest and Fellow Bostonian,

Thank you so much for mentioning Kim in our Dema Bar. She is an absolute gem and we're lucky to have her. We hope to see you again soon!

Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We stayed at the Westin Detroit Metro Airport on the night before flying to Miami. We took advantage of the AAA/CAA park and fly package, which included 10 nights of valet parking. For the regular valet parking price, the room was basically free. We also got a connecting room for our girls at a very very good price. Not sure how. Not asking questions.

We had never flown out of DTW before. Finding the hotel was easy - basically at the very far end of the McNamara Terminal on the departures level. It's a short walk to the very impressive lobby - the hotel is much larger than I expected. Our rooms were on the 7th floor, overlooking the terminal with a great view of the flights taking off.

A quick look at the restaurant and we knew it was quite a bit fancier than we wanted. Instead we took advantage of a very neat feature - a TSA checkpoint right inside the hotel. We told the front desk that we wanted to head over to the airport. Shortly, a Detroit police officer came down and pre-cleared us. We went through a very thorough TSA checkpoint (most friendly and polite staff ever!) and voila - we were free to roam in the terminal. We had dinner at Chili's and did a little exploring.

Back at the hotel the rooms were comfortable and quiet. The next morning we were too early to go through the hotel's own checkpoint (7:30 am to 7 pm - carryon luggage only) but a short walk and we were in the terminal at the bag drop. Basically from the time we pulled up to the hotel, until the time we stepped out of Miami airport, we never had to step outside. Very nice especially in the winter.

When we got back from Miami, we gave the valet our claim ticket and our vehicle was back at the door in 5 minutes. The only complaint - it was so quick that it didn't have time to warm up!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Sounds like every aspect of your visit went according to plan. Couldn't be happier and we hope to see you prior to your next vacation.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We were standed at the Detroit Airport and forced to stay. It was a Saturday Night and they don't have much going on the weekend. They said they "cater to the Monday through Friday business crowd". We stayed in a nice one bedroom suite. It was clean and quiet. Very convenient for Delta travelers.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We're happy to have you as our guest during your unexpected trip to Detroit. Hope to see you again.

Birmingham, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I have been staying here for many years. The front desk staff is well trained. Room service is spotty and while advertised as 24 hour (which any decent airport hotel must have) I have had to convince then to serve a meal. Do I care that the staff went home? The service in the restaurant is deplorable with an "I don't really want to be here" attitude from and a manager who doesn't pay attention. I w there for a late morning breakfast meeting on January 10th. The service was painful. The bar staff, however, is the best I have experienced. I don't know how they do it but they remember my name though I only stay a handful of times A year. My advice is to order your meal at the bar from this gifted staff. Like countless others have opined, why have a TSA checkpoint that doesn't open until 7:30AM or later when a number of guests stay because they have early morning flights. The rooms are comfortable, quiet and clean.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for being such a loyal guest and we appreciate your feedback very much. We're always striving to exceed our guest's expectations and your comments are certainly taken seriously.

We hope to see you soon.

Noblesville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Having been sent to a corporate business conference, I found the Westin at Detroit Metro Airport to be a surprisingly nice venue for our conference. The hotel is actually attached to a terminal at the airport, but I wasn't disturbed by the airport sounds or traffic at all during my stay. The hotel is very modern and setup for business or luxury travelers, and it offers rooms that are very comfortable and modern.

I would highly recommend the Westin at Detroit Metro, especially if you're just going to stay overnight and won't be traveling into downtown Detroit or will be staying in or near Romulus (the location of/near Detroit Metro Int'l Airport).

Room Tip: My only tip would be to have money ready and use the valet parking. It is much easier to get in and...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate your feedback and we're so happy that you enjoyed your visit.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Like, I suspect, many of this hotel's guests, I spent an unexpected night here when a delay caused me to miss a connection. The on-site Westin was $70 more than the nearest passable airport hotel, but it took me LITERALLY 3 minutes to get from the gate to the elevator up to my room. I then walked down to the ticket counter, managed to get rebooked on a flight the next day when everyone airside had said it was impossible (20 minutes), and walked back to the hotel to have dinner. By the time my (very good) glass of wine showed up, it was about an hour since my flight interruption. I would have still been waiting for a shuttle to take me to some Best Western.

The next morning, I woke up in my "heavenly bed," ordered room service, and then used the hotel's dedicated security gate to get to my take-off gate 15 minutes after checking out.

So. Worth. Every. Penny. Food was good, if overpriced - but what do you expect at a hotel?

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing us during your unexpected trip to Detroit and we were happy to make your travels a little easier.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Great place to hang your hat night before a long trip. Remember security doesnt open until 7:30. Very accomodating awesome beds. Call paking valet on the taxi into the jet way and wha la your car. Family friendly too

Stayed January 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Convenience and the highest levels of service is what were all about. So glad you enjoyed your stay.

Director of Operations

Been to The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport? Share your experiences!