“Wonderful start to trip” 5 of 5 stars

Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #3 of 34 Hotels in Detroit
GreenLeadersGold level
Findlay, Ohio
“Wonderful start to trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We stayed using the park and fly rate. Initially, I found a competitive rate using AAA discount. When I was ready to make a final booking, web page had a glitch and I was given a 2 room jacuzzi suite, breakfast, and 10 nights parking for $10. I called several times and confirmed I would get that rate. At check in there was no problem and I was only charged $10. Kudos to any organization that will live up to a stated rate even when there was an obvious typo.

Hotel itself was beautiful. The suite was nicely decorated with marble bathroom. Everything was clean. There was no airport noise. The staff were courteous and it was very convenient to be able to have the valet park the car, go from the room to Delta checkin and then use the Hotel's own security entrance which had a very short line.

Even if I don't get the $10 rate again, I would definitely consider the Westin again when I have the need for park and fly

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Paul D, Manager at The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Of course, we'll always stand by our committments and we're thrilled that you enjoyed your visit. Hope to see you again soon.

Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I love this hotel and it's a huge step-up from many of the other airport hotels. The rooms are contemporary and comfortable. The sound isolation is excellent. This is the first hotel I've stayed in near a hotel that hasn't had a constant barrage of jet engine noise. The price is more expensive than the other higher end hotel in the airport area (at least $60–$70 more), but you can save some money if you book using one of the other internet travel sites (I found prices that were $20–$25 less per night online).

If you don't feel like eating in the hotel restaurant, it isn't too difficult to go through a short (but thorough) TSA screening that will allow you back in the terminal eat at one of the terminal restaurants. Leave your luggage in your room and take ID and room key with you. That's all all you need to get through security and back into your room afterwards.

The WiFi does cost ($10/day), which isn't unusual in higher end hotels, but is free for Starwood Platinum members (which I am not). But the speed of the Internet was pretty good for the price paid.

Though I might have saved some money by staying farther away, my choice of staying here on this visit was driven by the fact that I was stranded, had to do a bit of shopping for clothing, and didn't want to have to take shuttles too/from the airport, especially when I had a rebooked flight early the next morning.

Breakfast is not included, but if you want to eat something inexpensive, the terminal is just two minutes away.

So, overall--for convenience and location, this was the perfect solution for me tonight. If you are looking for economy and really need all amenities included in your price point, this is probably not an option. But, the quiet, location, and convenience were worth it on this particular occasion.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thak you for your feedback and I'm so pleased that your experience with us exceeded your expectations. We hope to see you during your future travels.

Plymouth, MI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

It is convenient, right inside McNamara terminal. Pool is very small, no breakfast, charge to have internet in your room. Clean room. Don't even think of cancelling, if you need to, they won't refund.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We do our very best to offer a great value to our guests and we certainly hope you give us another try in the future.

Atlanta/Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Was lucky enough to get a room at the Westin. The check-in was good (although I still hate how you have to pay for wi-fi when the other properties in the various chains offer it for free). The room was wonderful! I love the Heavenly beds and had the best night's sleep I've had in months. The view over the tarmac was kind of cool and, although there were airplanes galore just outside the window, it was so quiet in the room. The bathroom was good and the shower had a double showerhead!
I didn't use any of the facilities at the hotel.
LOVED the security lane into the McNamara Terminal! Sweet!

Room Tip: Ask for one over-looking the tarmac.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for being our guest. I'm so pleased that you slept well during your time with us, while also enjoying our views and location. We hope to see you soon.

London, Canada
1,120 helpful votes 1,120 helpful votes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

This was our fifth stay at the Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport over the past several years. Nothing beats the convenience of pulling up to the hotel entrance, leaving your keys with the friendly valet attendant, and starting your vacation worry-free.

For us, we know our holiday has begun as we descend the escalator into the zen-like courtyard and inhale the intoxicating white tea scent that wafts through the hotel. Check in this time, as always, was fast, professional and courteous. I asked for a room overlooking the runways and our view was terrific. The room was in great shape, but there were some black marks on the wallpaper (probably from luggage) that needed to be scrubbed off.

We arrived after dinner in Ann Arbor, so we just relaxed, ordered a bottle of wine and anticipated our departure the next morning. We had time for a good workout in the early AM before checking out and making the convenient stroll to the Delta terminal adjacent.

Upon our return a week later I called the valet from the luggage carrousel, and our car was waiting for us out front when we arrived shortly after. It doesn't get more convenient than that.

See you next time, Westin!

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for returning, while also describing your experiences in such a detailed fashion. We're glad you enjoyed your stay (again) and we hope to see you soon.

Markdale, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Stayed for our second time from canada for a flight out of DTW. Can not say anything but good things. Clean, comfortable, convenient and priced right for all you get. Great valet parking, could not get in and out of airport quicker.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Clean..convenient...great value...just what we were hoping you'd say. We can't wait to see you again.

New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I first thought -- "how good can an airport hotel be?" considering all the great reviews on here.
Well now I know why.

Pros
Modern and cool design, tall bamboo in the lobby, pond/water in the lobby, comfortable room/bed, interesting views from the windows, quiet (i didnt hear any planes), good service

Cons
Expensive parking at the airport, lounge not open on the weekends,

To make sure you don't make the same dumb mistake I did, if you are renting a car, pick it up after you check out so you don't have to pay $20 to park it across the street at the airport lot. There is no hotel parking available.

When I tried to roll up the shades covering the window, the shades broke. Then as I'm trying to sleep, the shade was detaching one thread at a time every other second. A constant clicking sound that started going faster until the entire shade fell off. The front desk was very nice about it and offered to send someone up to fix it but I just wanted to go to sleep.

The view from the room was a line up of planes which was interesting. There was also a flood light that came through the windows but the blackout shades took care of that. I personally enjoyed the view.

The bed, as usual, was extremely comfortable (I have the Westin bed at home).

Minus 1 for the broken curtains and closed lounge, but the staff/service was attentive and accommodating so that was very much appreciated.

I would stay here again without hesitating.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Paul D, Manager at The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks very much for your feedback. So glad you enjoyed your stay, but we certainly do apologize for the defect with your in room blinds. Please let us know when you'll be returning, as we'd be happy to provide a complimentary upgrade due to that inconvenience.

Director of Operations

Been to The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport? Share your experiences!