“short stay, wish I had more time” 5 of 5 stars

Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #3 of 34 Hotels in Detroit
GreenLeadersGold level
Rhode Island
“short stay, wish I had more time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

Checked in very late and left fairly early because of a cancelled flight so did not get a chance to experience more that just the room. While riding up in the elevator I found myself wishing I had more timebecause the lobby, dining area looked great, and inviting. The room was cozy, clean and quiet which allowed for good albeit short night sleep. The security line into the main terminal in the morning was a bit long, made longer by the flight attendants who kept cutting the line. But, other than that, I would not hesitate to stay there again, and may even incorporate a stop there in my travel plans.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Paul D, Manager at The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport, responded to this review, February 24, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I'm thrilled you experienced the Westin Detroit Metro Airport and we hope to see you for a longer stay in the future.

Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

If you are flying DELTA and want to stay right at the airport to catch an early morning flight, I highly recommend the Westin Detroit Metro Airport hotel. We stayed one night (New Years Eve) so we could take an early morning flight on New Years Day. The location could not be better, literally steps from the check in gate for Delta. The Park and Stay rate includes 10 days valet parking, we left our car in a warm, safe, secure parking lot and the car was parked and then brought to us in a matter of minutes. The valet assisted us with our luggage and the from check-in staff were very accomodating. We enjoyed our dinner at the hotel restaurant, the food was good, but maybe not outstanding but it was beautiful and extremely quiet. After dinner, we enjoyed a dip in the pool and hot tub before going to bed. They even have their own security area so we stepped out of bed and into line and then just a few more steps to our gate. Simply could not be a better experience and a great start to our trip!

Room Tip: Our room looked over the run way which the kids loved. Don't worry,....the rooms are totally so...
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments and I'm glad you and your family enjoyed our pool and spa, as well as the great view. Hope to see you again.

Okemos, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

This property is placed right at the MacNamara Terminal (Delta)... and it sure was a pleasant surprise for me. I thought - great, at least it will be convenient for an early morning departure, but I probably will hear every flight coming & going.

I couldn't have been more wrong! The room was spacious, comfy (and of course with all the typical Westin amenities - heavenly bed, etc.). It was so quiet -- it was simply unexpected, and I had a great nights sleep. I only wish the Concierge Club had been open on Sunday or Monday morn - but regardless... I'll be back!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Of course, we'd be happy to have you return and I'm pleased you enjoyed our amenities and services.

Thanks again,

Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

Just a fantastic business airprot. They have their own security entrance to the airport. NO LINE! Clean, new, very nice. I had lunch in hotel, it was very good.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed our Dema Restaurant, as well as our conveninet location. What a great combination.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

I had the unfortunate experience of coming off a red eye to another flight from DTW that couldn't land and subsequently returned to DTW. It was going to be 12 hours before my 4 year old and I could get on another flight, so I was extremely happy to see the Westin attached to the airport. We were able to get a "day use" room and it was wonderful to be able to shower, nap, watch television, and order room service instead of wander the airport. The hotel is conveniently situated in the airport and even has its own (limited hours) security entrance. The room was modern, clean, and equipped with the usual Westin Heavenly Bed, bathrobe, and toiletries (very useful since I was unable to claim our checked luggage). The staff were friendly and pleasant and room service arrived quickly and as ordered. Even though our room overlooked some of the airport gates, it was quiet and my daughter enjoyed watching the planes. I highly recommend this hotel if you have an extended layover or other lodging needs at DTW.

Dear Valued Guest,

Our day use rooms are always a great option - especially for families looking for a break from the airport. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay.

Oakland, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

Okay. I know the General Manager is going to come on and provide a reply to my post and he's welcome to do so but one thing is for sure, I will NEVER bring a party of 8 to this bar again. Allow me to explain:

After a 2 week trip to Europe with my Aunt, Uncle, Cousin and Niece we arrived at DTW to our family waiting at customs; it was Friday, September 2nd at 8:30pm. We immediately went to the Westin as I was a guest at the hotel that night before I flew home. The Bar was being renovated so the waitress in the restaurant directed us to the interim seating area. We went there. We waited. No one greeted us. I spoke to a Westin Employee who told me we were in the wrong area for the bar and no one would ever wait on us here. Okay. We moved to the 'right' area.

We waited. One lonely girl was working the entire bar. Perhaps no one visits the Westin DTW Bar on a Friday night but they were definitely short staffed and I was NOT happy after having waited 20+ minutes in the 'wrong' area. The waitperson/bartender Kim was finally able to get to us...poor girl. She was obviously trying to do the work of several people. To move our bar order in a timely manner, I followed Kim up to the bar and as she made drinks, I delivered them to my family. YES, I delivered them as we sat in the WESTIN!! (If I was at a Courtyard Marriott, sure but please).

I asked Kim for the manager who did came over and smoozed with me/my guests. He told us he was short staffed (not my problem). He didn't offer to deliver our next round or assist in anyway. I knew immediately why Kim was stressed. Sure, you can be short staffed but if there is a manager on duty, why isn't he helping his guests? Personally, I just wanted him to leave. Kim had already redeemed the situation and was back into the 22% tip range. After I had a few drinks I did tell the manager how disappointed I was in him. He never offered to help us by bringing us a drink or a napkin, let alone comp us a $10. pizza.

Sorry General Manager, give Kim a raise and definitely keep her but your other employees need some training especially if they want to work at a Westin.

PS. I had zero problem going into the terminal the next morning to buy a second suitcase and eat breakfast.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and I apologize for your experience during our Dema Lounge renovation. I researched your circumstances and it sounds like that was a difficult scenerio. Kim is an excellent server and I'm glad she was able to assist you.

I'm happy to say that our lounge renevation is long since complete and I'm sure you'll love it next time. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if I can help you in any other way (734)229-6754. We hope to see you again.

Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

We used the hotel for flying out to a Cruise. The hotel was wonderful as well as the ability to park the car with a valet.

Dear Valued Guest,

Staying at the Westin is a great way to start your cruise vacation. I'm glad we were here for you and hope to see you soon.

Director of Operations

Been to The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport? Share your experiences!