“A Must Stay!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
London, Canada
“A Must Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

If you want to have a wonderful sleep the night before your early morning flight, the Westin Detroit is an absolute must! My husband and I are SPG Platinum members and thoroughly enjoy the comforts of the Westin, more specifically their Heavenly beds. We use this hotel solely for the purpose of knowing we are going to have an excellent sleep before we face the hustle of early morning flights. We always request a high floor, opposite side of the elevators, and facing inside looking down on the atrium. We have never heard the flights.

Every time we have stayed here, we dine at DEMA restaurant which is located in the atrium. It is a modern atmosphere with excellent food and very moderate prices.

The employees of the Westin DTW are always extremely polite and courteous; from valet to check in desk, to any of staff in DEMA. I feel that the people that complain about the staff should perhaps look at themselves and how they are treating the employees. If you are rude and ignorant to them, how should they treat you? They are there just doing their job, they are not the ones that created your mood, get over it and move on.

Quite honestly there is nothing I can say negative about this property. Westin DTW is a clean, friendly, modern place to stay with great access to the airport (your own access to customs for Delta flights).

Definitely a must stay when flying out or into DTW airport!!

Room Tip: Rooms on inside of hotel facing atrium are quiet with no noise from outside air traffic.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Paul D, Manager at The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport, responded to this review, January 3, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I'm so happy to hear that you always have an enjoyable experience with us. I'm proud of a lot here, but most of all I'm proud of our associates. They work so hard to exceed each and every guests expectations - and are typically extremely successful in doing so. We can't wait to see you again.

Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
cedar mi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

If you have an airline ID you get a $119 room rate and if you're flying stand by it's so great to be right at the airport - the westin is top notch - from the pool you look right out at the planes!
TSA has a pilot program so you can get a pass to go back to the airport to eat and shop - the hotel has a restaurant but can be a bit pricey. You have at least 15 choices when you're in the airport. It's so nice to just walk out of the room right to the ticket counter!

Room Tip: airport noise isn't a problem
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

I'm thrilled to hear that you've enjoyed the convenience and service at the Westin Detroit Metro Airport. Our Dema restaurant is wonderful and the view from our pool is outstanding. Also, be sure to try our new Westin Workout fitness facility. I'm sure you'll love it.

We hope to see you soon,

Frankfort
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

After two delayed flights and an exhausting day, I arrived late to check-in at the Westin, Detroit Airport. I'm guessing because of my tardiness, and that most other reservations had already checked in, however, the young lady at the desk, CALLED ME BY NAME as she welcomed me to the hotel. Wow! It's amazing what that small gesture can do to turn around what was previously a horrible day! She checked me in, upgraded me to a room on their "keyed" 8th floor where it would be less noisy, informed me about their 24 hour room service and quickly directed me to my room. I ordered soup (which was delicious and was delivered very quickly) and sunk into the incredible bed for a wonderful night's sleep. This was my first stay at this Westin, but I guarantee it will not be my last. AMAZING - FIVE STARS *****!!!!! Thank you for making my stay the BEST!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Paul D, Manager at The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport, responded to this review, December 28, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and especially the personalized service that we always provide. We look forward to seeing you again.

Gainesville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

This Westin property DOES have GREAT ROOMS and is very quiet and somewhat clean. However they also have some serious issues: 1. They must not be aware that people might choose to stay at the airport for more than one night. 2. The front desk staff are complete idiots. 3. People do not appreciate being spoken to in an accusatory fashion. 4. The hotel is NOT connected to ALL OF THE AIRPORT< ONLY THE NEW WEST TERMINAL.....5. When one arrives NOT at the West terminal....there is NO signage or helpful info of how one would get to the Westin. 6. The FISH odor in the atrium really takes away from the otherwise peaceful atmosphere.

I can barely contain my seething anger about my stay at this Westin. We were booked at least a month in advance, requesting a high room. We were in the area for a wedding, and had not heard the best things about Detroit. That being said, we decided to stay at the airport as the website indicated the hotel was connected to it, thus shortening our already long itinerary for our first day. Upon FINALLY figuring out if you don't fly Delta, you cant find the "Airport Hotel", we arrived at 130 am in the well appointed lobby that REAKED of FISH...The front desk wanted us to have a room directly above the fishy restaraunt, we declined. She placed us on the 5th floor. (505 to be exact) We awoke to a bill under our door for some unknown man???? Indeed it was our room number, but we had no idea who this man was or why we now had his bill as well as his information? We took it to the front desk on our journey for coffee..I turned it in to the front desk staff who seemed completely disinterested. After coffee, we attempt to go back up to our room ( we had it for 4 nights). We were locked out..
.We went back to the front desk who inasmuch accused us of lying about being in the room. Security was called, it was ugly. We were asked to produce our ID....which was in the room.....this whole song and dance happened TWICE during our visit wherein security went into our room, verified our belongings, had us describe them, and FINALLY we were allowed back in......to say the least for me, as an SPG member....it was embarrassing, and decidedly an adventure venture in ridiculousness. No apology from mgmt.....no hint of any wrongdoing on their part, it was actually difficult to continue to stay there, but having NO detailed knowledge of the Detroit area, we felt it best to stay at the airport. Next time....we will go to Ann Arbor and stay at a random motel where our experience will no doubt be more satisfactory. Heads up Detoit....if you ever want an economic recovery....stop treating people bringing cash into your town like the trash in your town.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel......and stay AWAY from Low floors over the restaraunt
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Paul D, Manager at The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport, responded to this review, December 27, 2011
Dear Valued Guest -

I'm so sorry to hear of your experience and I thank you very much for your feedback. Your efforts will help us to prevent a similar occurance in the future and I thank you for taking the time to share your views. As you can see from our other guest comments, your experience is very uncommon and it's my goal to help you through this situation personally. The arrival process is one of the key components of our guest's experience and we've obviously let you down in this case.

My contact information is listed below and I hope to hear from you so we can review the specific details of your stay with us. We have a wonderful team that typically does a great job. We hope to see you again and I'm sure we can win you back.

734-229-6754
paul.dinapoli@westin.com
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

Soft towels, good water pressure and a heavenly bed. What more can you ask for?

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Paul D, Manager at The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I'm so glad you enjoyed our wonderful Heavenly Westin products and we hope to see you again soon.

Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

When flying out of Detroit Metro, I recommend The Westin. Not only are the rooms well maintained and comfortable, the ability to leave your room and hotel to exit directly into the airport without going through the lines at the main terminal, makes the stay enjoyable and stress free. They also offer a Valet Parking service that allows you to leave your car for up to 8 days for $.01. This is a great savings as well as an excellent connivence. The staff at the check-in and valet are very courteous and helpful. The other benefit is I call from the airplane and my car is brought out and is running and warm.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments and we're thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our Valet team does a great job (there's nothing like a warm car in the winter) and we hope to see you again.

Stratford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

We stayed at the Westin Airport hotel before our early morning flight in december/2012 and we were not dissapointed. Their park n fly packages are the best deal anywhere around the airport area. We have stayed here many times and each visit gets better and better. The hotel staff at the front desk are amazing as they go out of their way to help. I seen them go and help people get their boarding passes.....and always with a smile on their face. The valet parking is so convenient along with their own special security check in beside the front desk. I have steered many people to stay here as it is just a fantastic hotel. Stay here!!! You will NOT be dissapointed

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

I'm extremely proud of our reception team and I'm glad that you enjoy their warm smile. We look forward to seeing you again.

Director of Operations

Been to The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport? Share your experiences!