“Amazing food” 5 of 5 stars

313-237-6732
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Iridescence is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 973 Restaurants in Detroit
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Vancouver, Canada
“Amazing food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Creative and flavorful food, prepared to perfection. It also has a great view of the city. Server Sean was very friendly and efficient.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Cleveland, Ohio
“Should be #1!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

If you're the type of traveler who loves the opportunity to try an outstanding restaurant with incredible service, creative menu and spectacular views, THIS is the place to go in Detroit. If you're not into gambling, don't let the fact that this very fine establishment is located in Detroit's Motor City Casino stop you. Our excellent server, Helios, possessed the perfect combination of professionalism and warmth. He was incredibly knowledgeable about food and wine, and specifically about the menu offerings. We followed all of his recommendations - from the appetizer featuring delicious sauce & food pairings, to the white fish with creamed spinach, and the filet prepared as a homage to the cheeseburger. Wonderful! Add to all of this the spectacular view of Detroit from the 16th Floor! It wasn't just a meal. It was a food event.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Southfield, Michigan
“Seriously 5 star ? The Jury is Still Out”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We went here during Detroit Restaurant Week, Their menu selections reflected a "cost cutting structure". Sort of "We really don't want to spend (offer) a lot on a $30 menu selection." Now understand , this place is listed as 5 star. Well it would seem to me that most people go to Restaurant week to try New places. They offered nothing to bring me back at this tiime. Don't get me wrong, there was plenty "Pomp & Circumstance" , But the food should have been the Show, We had the Cod Selection. "BIG MISTAKE".!! With out going into too much detail, lets sum it up as "UGHH, BLECH, GULP". I mean it tasted steamed. Simply not good. We were watching the other tables and it was comedic. At one point one person brought out this 3 foot bucther block board, and then another person came and cut this average size Fillet Mignon in half on said board and served it to the 2 patrons. "WHAT !" I don't want a show, just good value, will surfice. and enough wit the Water, I want to fill up on Food, NOT WATER. The really nice aspect was the non visual piano player. He was superb. To bad his playing was'nt a menu selection. From what I experienced, 3 star would be more fitting. I would like to give it another try during a period that does not involve "Discount Menu"

Visited October 2012
Shelby Township, Michigan
“Great dining with beautiful views”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Enjoyed a lovely dinner with family and all off us enjoyed our steak and seafood selections. Restaurant is smaller than I expected but offers great views of the river and skyline on top of the Motor City Casino. Great service!

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Wilmington, NC
“A Night I Will Remember”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

My husband and I were there to celebrate our anniversary. We sat right next to each other in a curved booth that faced the window. We were able to lean back and relax while watching the city go from day to night. The moon was right outside the window and with the lights from the city and the lighting inside and outside of the restaurant the view was incredible!

Our server was Chelsea and she was great! She recommended the Braised Short Rib as an appetizer. This is definitely not something we would have ordered on our own but it was so good I had tears in my eyes. Seriously, it was that good.

The ambiance is very relaxed and things move slowly. There's time to have a drink or two between each course so make sure you're not in a hurry. This didn't bother us at all because we were having so much fun just being there. It was one of the best experiences I've ever had in a restaurant before. I'm already looking forward to going back.

• Visited September 2012