“Slows Restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating
Detroit, Michigan
“Slows Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

If you don't mind waiting , the food is amazing. When my kids come home to visit they always want to go to Slows.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Boston, Massachusetts
“Not that this place needs another good review, but...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

Great meal and probably the best BBQ that I've had. The staff was friendly, the decor is very modern and the food was unreal. I got the "your way" that had a half slab of the ribs with pulled pork, corn break, and waffle fries. It was enough food for 2 meals so it wasn't really necessary that I got the gumbo to start. Everything was equally delicious.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Akron, Ohio
“Bring your appetite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

If you like BBQ this place is heaven. Whether you like chicken, pork or brisket your taste buds won't be disappointed. The meats stand alone in their awesome flavor, but if you need to (which you won't) you can add one of their many sauces to kick the flavor up a notch. Don't forget the side dishes! You'll be happy with any of them; baked beans, corn bread, Mac n cheese are just a beginning. Don't worry about dessert you'll be too packed with tasty meat to care (they are available though). The bar has an excellent spread of suds to wash every last drop of food down your gullet.
The wait can be quite long during peak hours and no reservations unless your party is more than 6. Parking is very close and has an attendant. Don't be put off by the drive on Michigan avenue to get here. You must stop. You must eat!

Chicago, Illinois
“Good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

The food was awesome. Two adults & a 7 & 11 year old both with big appetites. We had the full slab of babyback ribs & mac n cheese & cornbread, catfish & cheese fries & more mac n cheese. We still left with a half slab of ribs. Apple barbecue sauce....so good.

Windsor, Canada
“Amazing Detroit BBQ place...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Although the neighborhood isn't that nice and parking is scarce, we sure had a great time when we entered Slows BBQ. It was absolutely packed at 1pm on a Tuesday! It was so loud we had to elevate our voices to hear each other, maybe 80 people in a small bar/restaurant. We didn't know what beer to take so we got free samples. I got a Bell's Oberon (I think) and it was amazing. My friend also opted for the same. He ordered pulled pork, mac&cheese, pork and beans. I tried the m&c = tasted great and was homemade. My friend said 'this is the best food I've ever had in a restaurant'. I agreed. Took only about 10 minutes to get our food.

I had a smoked half chicken with spicy green beans and potato salad. Chicken just melted off the bone and had that beautiful smoky flavor. 2 entrees, 2 pints = $36 + tip. Reasonable, great food with generous portions. Will come back soon. Next time I'll try the ribs.

• Visited April 2014