“beautiful hotel” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Saginaw Township
“beautiful hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

5 star rating!!!............great casino,,,many machines to choose from,,lots of bars,,stores and good food...room was gorgeous,,loved the bathroom the most.......friendly staff and lots of security.made us feel very welcome for my first visit,,cant wait to come back again!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
MGM_Resorts, Guest Relations Manager at MGM Grand Detroit, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Cindy C,

It’s always nice to hear back from former guests of MGM Grand Detroit, and especially gratifying when they relay their positive experiences with others. We appreciated the opportunity to host your recent visit to Detroit, and encourage you to return again whenever possible!

MGM Grand Detroit

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Polish first
Sandusky, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I Liked this Casino for the variety of games it has, but the amount of tobacco smoke was too much to handle. My wife and I are non-smokers so if you do smoke you probably would be ok but we spent an hour and a half there and our eyes were getting very irritated from the smoke. I tried to play some BlackJack at a table but three out of the six people sitting were smoking and it was irritating. It really prevented us from having a good time. Since we are from Ohio we are not use to the smoking in establishments and honestly I think that it is a good thing that we have the non-smoking law in effect. Since Ohio has casinos I think I will keep my money here at Hollywood and the Horseshoe

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
MGM_Resorts, Guest Relations Manager at MGM Grand Detroit, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Dear A M,

It's unfortunate to learn of the challenges you encountered in our casino area. At MGM Grand Detroit, we employ a powerful filtration system and strict cleaning regimen to negate any ill effects of second hand smoke. However, we regret any discomfort experienced during your time here, and will utilize your comments to ensure that we're doing everything possible to create an enjoyable environment for all our guests.

Ada, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Been to Vegas many times - usually stay at the MGM or The Wynn - and the MGM Detroit is as nice, clean, luxurious and friendly as either of those two. The rooms are spacious and the linens are top notch. The beds are just so-oooo comfortable! There are many dining options from a small food court style area with about six options - all good....to a sports bar, fine dining and a wonderful buffet. There is a food choice for every person and pocketbook. Room Service is terrific, too. We have always found the hotel staff to be extremely friendly but efficient. As for the casino...it's big! And offers just about any type of slot, video poker or table game you could want. Great variety. Machines are well-maintained. Cleaning staff is visible and always picking up clutter left by others and making sure the atmosphere around the slots is clean. We only stay overnight about 3-4 times a year (but hotel valet and check in staff are great!), but we go up about every six weeks so we use the self-parking garage a lot and have had absolutely no problems in finding parking or feeling safe or having any problems. In spite of being in a big metropolitan area, we have always felt safe and secure at MGM Detroit. Security is quietly visible and I have never seen an incident in the casino or hotel. We love the MGM Detroit and highly recommend both the hotel (if you're just looking for a wonderfully luxurious place to stay in Michigan) and the casino. It's a great weekend get away spot. (Oh, the spa is super, too!)

Room Tip: If you want a view of the bridge to Canada...ask for odd number rooms close to the elevator. But an...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
MGM_Resorts, Guest Relations Manager at MGM Grand Detroit, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear Darlene101,

MGM Grand Detroit takes the very best elements of two iconic American cities, and merges them into one unique resort experience. From our luxurious room decors, each with ample living space and outstanding amenities, to our immersive gaming environment, which boasts slots and table games as far as the eye can see. We appreciate the positive feedback, and hope to see you back here soon!

South Rockwood, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

I have been to Las Vegas 9 times and I still think my stay with MGM Detroit was better! The staff was attentive, professional and friendly. The beds were so comfortable and our room was exceptionally clean. We walked into our room with jazz piping through the ceiling (which you can turn off if you don't want music) and the lights were low creating a relaxing, luxurious atmosphere. If you can, walk around Greektown. The food is delicious! Had a wonderful time......was sad to leave. Definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I always get a room away from the elevators
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear 278WendyF,

Thanks for the recommendation! At MGM Grand Detroit, our goal is to create a travel destination that is second to none in the hospitality industry. With an attentive staff of service professionals, each dedicated to your total satisfaction, and fantastic dining options like our always popular Wolfgang Puck restaurants, MGM Grand Detroit is the perfect Las Vegas style getaway in the Midwest. We were grateful for the opportunity to host your recent stay in Detroit, and look forward to your return.

Toledo, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Random stay with my husband on a Thursday nite because we took a Friday "mental health day". Check in was seamless and the front desk personnel was very polite and accommodating. We were asked if we wanted a river or city view room, we requested river, but honestly I don't think it really matters......the view isn't that special either way.

The rooms, however, are amazing!! Comfy beds, nice linens,spacious bathrooms (loved the dual headed shower), and lots of room to just relax!!

We had dinner at Tap and just meandered throughout the casino, stopping for a drink at U, Me Drink. The next morning we got up and took a short drive to Royal Oak, MI for some lunch and shopping.

I highly recommend the MGM Grand Detroit and cannot wait for a reason to go back!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
MGM_Resorts, Guest Relations Manager at MGM Grand Detroit, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Barbiedoll419,

We appreciate the gracious travel recommendation, and were pleased both of you enjoyed your recent stay at MGM Grand Detroit. With our attentive staff of service professionals, incredible dining selections like TAP, and some of the nicest accommodations you're likely to find anywhere in the Midwest, MGM Grand Detroit stands apart from the competition. We're glad you agree, and look forward to you return!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Okay, let me start by saying I don't have much experience traveling to Detroit and my opinion of the city is very clouded by all the negative press. So I approached my recent visit for business meetings with a lot of skepticism - expectations were WAY low.

I looked for a hotel at my usual favored chains and found nothing good. But the MGM Grand popped up for a very reasonable price. Given that I was going to a Tigers game with clients (1/2 mile away), I figured I would give it a try for the one night I was in town, rather than stay at a tier 3 chain property in the 'burbs.

I was WAY impressed with this property - and I am a 50+ night a year business traveler. First off, everyone was extremely friendly, from the valet (free parking!) to the reception to hotel security. They really made me feel like they appreciated my business. The room was spacious, comfortable and full of nice features like you would find in a Vegas hotel. Everything was new, sparkling clean and comfortable. And a terrific value at less than $200/night.

I didn't have a chance to gamble (well, maybe a few bucks in the slots) but the casino was surprisingly HUGE and very full for a Monday night - great selection of tables, games and slots. I also didn't have a chance to eat in the hotel restaurants, but they had several nice-looking restaurants including a Wolfgang Pucks.

Even though I was here for work and not for gambling, this is a GREAT hotel for business travelers in Detroit looking for a fun and comfortable hotel in a good location (you can walk here from a Tigers or Lions game). I personally wouldn't make a leisure trip to Detroit just for this property, but if you are in town for work or fun, definitely put this at the top of your list.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear CharlieWilmette,

Whether you come here for business, pleasure, or a bit of both, MGM Grand Detroit has got you covered! Our spacious conference rooms are perfect for groups of any size, while our property staff takes personalized service to a whole new level. We're delighted to know we could win you over during your recent stay, and can't wait to see you again.

Hampton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We only spent one night here. I was upset that I couldn't stay longer it was a great place to stay. I have nothing bad to say about this MGM grand hotel. I love my room so much that I didn't want to go down stairs and play the slots machine.

• Stayed July 2014
MGM_Resorts, Guest Relations Manager at MGM Grand Detroit, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear AnnhRob,

It's wonderful to learn of the great time you had with us here at MGM Grand Detroit. Next time, you'll have to make sure to stay longer, and experience the many wonderful gaming, dining, and nightlife venues we have on property. Please, hurry back!

MGM Grand Detroit

Been to MGM Grand Detroit? Share your experiences!