“Great stay and time to relax” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Ranked #2 of 34 Hotels in Detroit
GreenLeadersSilver level
Detroit, Michigan
“Great stay and time to relax”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Great room and spa! The casino floor and staff were friendly and room was clean. I would stay at MGM Detroit again and recommend to friends and family......slot tech could have been more alert to service light when slot machine was not working but other than that great stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Polish first
Marysville, Michigan, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

we had a great time, valet was fine, front desk attendent she was very nice and informative, room very nice with nice view, we enjoyed our stay and will return. not any thing to dislike. only an hour drive from home, would have liked more towells in bathroom only 3 towells when 4 people stayin in double room.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Grosse Pointe Farms, Michigan, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

TAP was a great bar
Hotel room was fantastic.
The TV in the mirror in the bathroom was just too cool!
Great bed.
I recommend MGM for a great weekend getaay. Valet was timely, casino was fun and modern, hotel room was wonderful.

Berkley, Michigan, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

It was a nice stay.
The type of coffees were a good variety especially the whipped ones. I like to see a tea also.
The pool water needs to be warmer. I know there was a weather fluctuation but in any case if it is warmer is better. I saw people swam in a frozen lake after making a hole in it but this not suitable for everybody.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Toledo, Ohio, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

MGM Grand Detroit has the greatest training program in Michigan. From the Valets, to the Front Desk, Slot Attendants, Spa staff and Restaurants this is just an excellent facility. We've frequent this facilitry and have never, never, EVER, had a bad experience. The small issues we have encountered were handled immediately and completely to our satisfaction. For instance, I left my Kindle Fire in my room and called when I got home. They sent housekeeping to my room and immediately called me back to say they had it and would hold it for me. Even the $20 dollars I had tucked in the cover was intact. And when my wallet fell out of my pocket without me noticing, a slot attendant found it, gave it to Security and they returned it to the machine where I was playing with nothing missing. This is the kind of friendliness and security you'll find at MGM Grand. Food is great, room are very, very nice, beds are comfortable and the housekeeping staff does a wonderful job keeping everything clean. We always have a great experience at MGM Grand an you will too when you visit.

Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I had the opportunity to stay at the MGM Detroit in February. My room was amazing. the bed was like sleeping on a cloud. My bathroom had a shower with 5 shower heads plus a jacuzzi tub with multicolor lights. the room had 3 tv's (one was in the bathroom mirror) The concierge was always friendly and happy to assist no matter what the request. Everyone was extemely friendly and helpful thoughout the hotel and casino areas. If you have a chance definitely go down to the pool and spa. The pool is huge and indoor. The spa was very nice. My only issue was that it didnt have a quiet relaxation room with lounge chairs (thier room only had sit up type chairs). The only place to go after the massage was the pool area. Unfortunately there was a child who was alternately happy and crying so the peacefull glow that I had after the massage disappated. If I am ever in the Detroit area again i would definitely stay there

Room Tip: If you can stay in an exective room - DO IT!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Tecumseh, Michigan, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We have stayed several times at this facility and every one is a great experience. Every employee is helpful and friendly. Love the rooms and the pool/spa. The valet parking is fast and efficient. Would like to see some of the restaurants in the Casino open a little later, but that is the only downfall we experienced here. We will be back again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to MGM Grand Detroit? Share your experiences!