“WOW what a room!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
“WOW what a room!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I had the opportunity to stay at the MGM Detroit in February. My room was amazing. the bed was like sleeping on a cloud. My bathroom had a shower with 5 shower heads plus a jacuzzi tub with multicolor lights. the room had 3 tv's (one was in the bathroom mirror) The concierge was always friendly and happy to assist no matter what the request. Everyone was extemely friendly and helpful thoughout the hotel and casino areas. If you have a chance definitely go down to the pool and spa. The pool is huge and indoor. The spa was very nice. My only issue was that it didnt have a quiet relaxation room with lounge chairs (thier room only had sit up type chairs). The only place to go after the massage was the pool area. Unfortunately there was a child who was alternately happy and crying so the peacefull glow that I had after the massage disappated. If I am ever in the Detroit area again i would definitely stay there

Room Tip: If you can stay in an exective room - DO IT!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Tecumseh, Michigan, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We have stayed several times at this facility and every one is a great experience. Every employee is helpful and friendly. Love the rooms and the pool/spa. The valet parking is fast and efficient. Would like to see some of the restaurants in the Casino open a little later, but that is the only downfall we experienced here. We will be back again.

Adrian, Michigan, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We did vip style at the V nightclub. This was the way to go, great dancing and atmosphere. The rooms were very clean, comfortable and fancy. I would recommend this hotel. We had a party of eight for a bithday celebration and everyone had great things to say after we left.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Staying at a hotel + casino definitely has its' perks. For the cost of a room, I never opened a door myself, never had to pay or even park my car myself, got free wifi, had a TV in the bathroom, got a great shoe shine, and just got great service in general. Their house tea blend was also very nice. The only downside is that they allow smoking in the building, but if you stick to the hotel portion only, it won't reach you.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Manteno, Illinois, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I would highly recommend the MGM Grand Detroit. From the moment I pulled into the valet line to the moment of check out I could not have been more pleased. Once in the room the quality of the room was beyond great. I love the fact that the shampoos and other toiletries were from H20. One of my favorite companies. The restaurant staff and basically anyone I came into contact with during my stay was AMAZING!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Michigan, North Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the MGM hotel on opening day April 2013. The hotel is beautiful but way over priced. The rooms are big but nothing fancy. We paid 349.00 plus tax. We only got free coffee for that price. The hotel is beautiful but the area is not that nice there charging prices like you would pay in Chicago . This no Chicago !!! The only good restaurant is Tap. We at at Wolfgang Pukes (didn't like it at all) way way over priced. We would go to the restaurant
Tap again and maybe do a little gambling there but would not pay to stay there again!!!

Hoover
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

My wife and I have visited many Casinos over the last several years but none outside of Las Vegas compare to the MGM Grand in Detroit. Other than having looser Slots this experience can not be beat. The rooms are the nicest you will find and All the staff in the entire Casino treat you as though you are their best customer.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to MGM Grand Detroit? Share your experiences!