“birthday bash vip style” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Ranked #2 of 33 hotels in Detroit
GreenLeadersSilver level
Adrian, Michigan, Usa
“birthday bash vip style”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We did vip style at the V nightclub. This was the way to go, great dancing and atmosphere. The rooms were very clean, comfortable and fancy. I would recommend this hotel. We had a party of eight for a bithday celebration and everyone had great things to say after we left.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

573 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Staying at a hotel + casino definitely has its' perks. For the cost of a room, I never opened a door myself, never had to pay or even park my car myself, got free wifi, had a TV in the bathroom, got a great shoe shine, and just got great service in general. Their house tea blend was also very nice. The only downside is that they allow smoking in the building, but if you stick to the hotel portion only, it won't reach you.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Manteno, Illinois, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I would highly recommend the MGM Grand Detroit. From the moment I pulled into the valet line to the moment of check out I could not have been more pleased. Once in the room the quality of the room was beyond great. I love the fact that the shampoos and other toiletries were from H20. One of my favorite companies. The restaurant staff and basically anyone I came into contact with during my stay was AMAZING!

Michigan, North Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the MGM hotel on opening day April 2013. The hotel is beautiful but way over priced. The rooms are big but nothing fancy. We paid 349.00 plus tax. We only got free coffee for that price. The hotel is beautiful but the area is not that nice there charging prices like you would pay in Chicago . This no Chicago !!! The only good restaurant is Tap. We at at Wolfgang Pukes (didn't like it at all) way way over priced. We would go to the restaurant
Tap again and maybe do a little gambling there but would not pay to stay there again!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hoover
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

My wife and I have visited many Casinos over the last several years but none outside of Las Vegas compare to the MGM Grand in Detroit. Other than having looser Slots this experience can not be beat. The rooms are the nicest you will find and All the staff in the entire Casino treat you as though you are their best customer.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Birmingham, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I guess I'm jaded from the hotels in Vegas, Reno, New Orleans and Mississippi, but I was not at all impressed with MGM Grand Detroit.

The rooms were very pretty. The lobby was pretty. Everything else was sub-par.

I pre-paid with a corporate card, I faxed in the authorization from our comptroller and then I called to make sure they received the fax. Yes, they assured me they did.

So when I got to the hotel, I once again confirmed with the front desk that they did indeed have the authorization. Yes, they assured me they did.

Lo, and behold when I went to check out 3 days later, they suddenly had "never received the fax." ....Charging my credit card $1100.00

I had the ORIGINAL copy of the authorization in my purse which they couldn't accept because it wasn't faxed. LOL!

And then they were rude about it!!!!

Everything is way overpriced. There's no coffee in the room, you have to get dressed in the am, trudge down to the lobby, wait in line with all the other guests to pour your coffee and go back up to the room.

The M Life comps are the cheapest I've ever seen. The low table limits on blackjack are 15 dollars. Pretty pricey considering this casino floor is loaded up with penny slots. I dropped 300 dollars my first night and didn't even earn a free cup of Starbucks coffee, let alone their ridiculously overpriced and yet somehow sub-par buffet. Comped drinks? Forget it. I was approached by one waitress the whole time and they only offer soda, no "adult" beverages. You'll have to pay for those.

There's no real gift store in the place, just some tiny little hole in the wall to get a Coke or an asprin or Rolaids (which you'll need if you eat at the Breeze café.)

Wolfgang Pucks Steak House was wonderful (spring asparagus soup, oh my God!) and the Tap bar is fine, if pricey.

All in all, I hope to never go back. My final word in the MGM Grand Detroit is "meh."

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
Brooklyn, New York, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Definitely made my business trip a bit more enjoyable. The staff is very friendly and fun. The rooms were the same caliber that you would see in Vegas. The Gym and pool areas were clean and gorgeous.I would love to visit again soon.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to MGM Grand Detroit? Share your experiences!