“Greektown Has Returned!” 5 of 5 stars

(313) 962-9366
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Santorini Estiatorio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 912 Restaurants in Detroit
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Michigan
“Greektown Has Returned!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

After years of non- Greek establishments invading our most popular downtown entertainment mecca,it is a pleasure to visit Santorini.This was our second visit since the opening in December 2012. Emilio,our wonderful waiter, did a fantastic job of welcoming us and quickly taking our appetizers and drink requests.Although he was upset with the service in the kitchen, we didn't noticed.We enjoyed the Lamb Chops, Trio Platter, Mousaka, Pastitisio...you name it, we tried it!
You must try this colorful,relaxing and delightful new addition to Greektown!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

East Lansing, MI
“Solid New Greektown Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Five of us went here after a hockey game at the Joe Louis Arena and we all had a great time. The decor is a real plus - open and modern, but still Greek influenced (the glass sculpture over the bar is eye catching). The service was excellent. Our waiter was just the older Greek gentleman you want to have - very knowledgeable, but understanding of folks who don't know the ins and outs of greek cuisine. We enjoyed all of our dishes. The prices are reasonable; the main courses were mostly priced in the teens (so don't expect high cuisine). The only negative I can cite is the green beans that came with my leg of lamb were obviously of the canned variety. We would go back in a heartbeat.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Destruction Bay, Canada
“Best service in 25 years”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We went for the Greek food but the Service was amazing and only comparable to a dining experience I remember over 25 years ago in another country.

If I ever return to visit Detroit, Santorini's might be the only reason for the visit.

Visited January 2013
Port Huron, Michigan
“Food was great service was so so”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I agree with the other poster that this is a great addition to Greektown. Being greek myself and going down to greektown since I was a child it's nice to see a new face in town. We started off at the bar as we were told it would be a 10-15 minute wait which ended up only being about a 7 minute wait. Our waiter was Lucky and he was friendly. We ordered saganaki of course as we were celebrating a special occasion. Food took over an hour to arrive. My friend asked for a village salad with NO onions and got EXTRA onions. We waited at least twenty minutes for another drink and when we asked Lucky to split our bill we told my sister he could not do that. After about ten minutes of waiting for him to come back so I could ask him to please split our bill he suggested we split the bill however many ways. I politely explained we would each like to pay our own bill as I told him that when we sat down. He again refused so I asked for a manager, not once, not twice but three times. Ten minutes later he comes back at asked if we had "Figured everything out" It was at that point I had to let my sister take control because I tend to get a bit hot tempered.

Overall the food was good, atmosphere was good, but the service needs a little tlc.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fenton, Michigan
“Welcome addition to Greektown.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Santorini Estiatorio is located in the former Mosaic restaurant location. This is a great location in Greektown near all the downtown venues. My husband and I visited on a Friday night at around 6:00. The atmosphere is casual with tables having linens and booths without. The bar area is very nice, adjoined by the open dining area. In the back there is a more private dining space with tables (see photo). The menu has a good variety of appetizers and entrees that include a number of lamb choices, fish and kabobs. Wines were reasonably priced with some local offerings included. The waitstaff was very professional and attentive, without being intrusive. The manager/owner came around to all tables at least once inquiring as to our satisfaction. We had a quick meal before the theater that included an appetizer of grape leaves (3), a gyro, and a chicken kabob plate with rice and vegetable. My husband claimed the gyro had more lamb than he could eat and my chicken kabob was tasty (I wasn't crazy about the green bean side - too overcooked for my taste). We each had a glass of wine and our bill came to $50 before tip. In all, a very good first experience and we look forward to going with friends and trying a selection of appetizers as a group.

• Visited December 2012