“Best in Detroit before a game!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Hamburgers, Family Fare
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Birm
“Best in Detroit before a game!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I don't often go to chain establishments as I prefer local bars and restaurants, but the Detroit Hard Rock keeps me coming back again and again and again. I come here for happy hour before Wings, Lions, or Tiger games. You can park at the Compuware lot, Hard Rock validates your ticket, and provides you a shuttle ride to the game for free (with any purchase). That means you can come in for a drink at happy hour, about $2, and your parking and ride to the game is covered! Best deal in town! And at that price, I usually stay for several drinks before paying stadium prices of $8+.

They usually even have a couple of taps of local Michigan craft beer on draft, which I really appreciate and is rare for chains like this. While there last week it was Saguatuk's IPA and Short's Soft Parade, and the Soft Parade was full pint glass pours for $2 at happy hour prices! Fantastic!

Also, the bartenders are friendly and quick during the pre-game happy hour crowds that come here. You don't have to wait for minutes on end hoping they notice you. They move at lightning speed and are extremely attentive to people getting up to the bar. Much appreciated!

They typically play a variety of great music, mostly Rock and Pop of the last few decades, and show the music videos to match along the TVs. (Awesome music video nostalgia!) And really helps to get you pumped before the game!

One time I left my Lions tickets at home (doh!) and the girl at the gift shop promptly helped me by having me forward my tickets to an email address there and they were able to reprint out tickets for us and totally saved the day!

I usually just come here for drinks so never tried the food but it always looks good.

I can't recommend and speak highly enough about this place, as its served me very very well over the years as my go-to spot before the game! Why tailgate, when you can come to this magical place? Thank you Hard Rock Detroit for providing me with many very enjoyable pre-game experiences over the last several years. You truly do rock hard!

Visited December 2013
Hard Rock D, General Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
John W,

Rock on! This is what Hard Rock is all about, creating Raving Fans. I'm glad you love everything we have to offer and take full advantages of Happy Hour, Parking, and the Shuttle. I'm very pleased to hear our staff made a terrible experience into a great one by helping you get your tickets. I will pass along the word to them. when you have time to try the food, I suggest you try the Legendary Burger!

Dan.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Typical Hard Rock Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

We always make a point to eat at a Hard Rock when we are near one and we collect the glasses. The Detroit Hard Rock was like others we have been to...food was good (our favorite appetizer is the nachos!) and the staff was friendly.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Les85

That's awesome! I'm glad Detroit has been well to you. I will pass along the kind words to the staff. Enjoy your glass!

Rock On,
Dan.
Macomb, Michigan
“Hard Rock Detroit”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Been to several Hard Rock cafe's throughout the country. Honestly, aside from the musical items on the walls they are not that impressive. Detroit was no exception. The food was average and the service was slow.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hard Rock D, General Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Hi Doug P~

I want to thank you for your honest feedback. We appreciate the the honesty so we can become better as a business. I want to apologize for the slow service you experienced and invite you back in for a better experience. We just launched two new menus (regular and lunch) that I want to personally invite you to come try! We have so many perks we like to offer our guests and keep you coming back. We offer the Free Parking in the Compuware parking structure, a Free Shuttle to all sporting events and concerts, as well as Happy Hour Monday - Thursday from 4pm - 7pm.

Sydney, Australia
“The signature cupcake was exceptional”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

This Hardrock has non of the Pizzazz of some of the others I've been to but it has a soul.
The staff are friendly and attentive, and although our order was a long time coming because it was being baked fresh, it was well worth it, coupled with the apology and offer of a complimentary pin showed me how focused Detroit is on service and customer satisfaction much more so than other parts of the US.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hi David~

That is so awesome, I am very pleased you had such a great experience. We like to keep customer service as our prime focus and this is a great example. Thank you for sharing this awesome experience . We hope to have you in the cafe again in the future.

Fredonia, New York
“Friendly service makes the place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

We went to kill some time between girls hockey games and enjoyed our stay. Our server "D" was friendly and offered to give us a lesson on the memorabilia when we mentioned our need to kill time. When we were done with our meal we gave up our table and sat at the bar where Robin was very accommodating and willing to concoct new drinks while allowing us the chance to choose some songs for the video juke box.

A chain restaurant can usually be counted on for consistency but the friendly service is what sets it apart

Hi Sonja~

I'm glad you got to enjoy your free time here at the Cafe with all of us. This is great example of the great customer service we try to bring to every person. I will pass on the awesome review to D and Robin, thank you for sharing!