“Pork Chops and Key Lime Pie” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #151 of 977 Restaurants in Detroit
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
St. Clair Shores, Michigan
“Pork Chops and Key Lime Pie”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Sindbads is a very reliable meal whether I'm going out with my wife or friends. While many people focus on the seafood here, I think the pork chops are the best and I've tried most things on the menu. Additionally, their key lime pie is phenomenal; however, my wife more frequently opts for a hummer. I'm not a rum fan so I can't really comment there. The only reason I didn't give Sindbads an excellent rating is because service is highly dependent on the server. We have had nights where we have walked out because we were ignored for 15 minutes after being seated, weren't even given a menu. However, visits like that are far in the minority.

Canton
“Great location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Food is good/average, staff very nice, location is great, right at a marina on the Detroit river, most tables have at least somewhat of a view.

LaSalle Ontario
“merely o.k. experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

After decades of hearing about Sindbads I finally went there for my recent birthday. Dated, (however classically-nice in my opinion) decor, which I wanted and expected. The hostess was fairly-frosty, even when we remarked that it was our first visit. We asked for a table with a "water-view" and did not receive one, even though a couple seemed available, in spite of my wife, ( against my protestations) letting her know that it was my birthday. Perhaps the better tables are for regular customers? Numerous tables came, dined, and left, in the time that we sat for our meal. Our server was pleasant and efficient, so I cannot fault him. Some of the ordered items were quite good, ( calamari, coconut shrimp, shrimp scampi ) however my seafood platter left a bit to be desired. 3 miniscule frogs legs, 4 decent-sized scallops, (2 of which were gritty, the kiss of death for scallops), 3 pieces of perch, and some large and tasty shrimp. For a $23.00 platter I expected better. The Caesar salad was massively over-dressed and pedestrian. The clam chowder was a heavy and gloopy non-descriptive mess. We started with oysters Rockefeller and they we excellent. We may return to Sindbads at some point, but we surely will not rush back. Portifino's in Wyandotte is consistently excellent, and much better value, not to mention you can actually see water, boats, etc.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Birmingham, Michigan, USA
“Horrible service, dirty, and sub par food.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Sat for 30 minutes waiting for a server to acknowledge us. Alerted other wait staff and hosted that we had not been served yet - they all said someone would be with us shortly. Finally got sick of waiting and ordered food from the take out counter. If I wasn't down here for the boat races I would have ran out of this place. You would think after 60+ years of business they would know how to staff the restaurant - guess not.

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Old School Awesome Riverfront Restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

We have been coming to Sinbads by boat for years. This is by far the best riverfront restaurant in metro Detroit. We love the seared scallops, the fried shrimp, the broiled perch, the seared salmon and of course the burgers! This is an old school restaurant so don't expect kale and quinoa but it is awesome. Order the Chambord Hummer for desert-Yummmy!

• Visited June 2013