“Worth a visit” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Irish
New Hampshire
“Worth a visit”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Have to admit, this place is very decent for airport food. Good beer selections, fast service and decent food means this place is on my repeat list.

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Good for airport food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Ate dinner here while on a layover. The sandwich was okay. The mustard and chips were the saving grace. Neat atmosphere but it didn't make up for the average food. Beer selection looked good but I was not about to pay those prices. $6 for a bottle of coors light that my buddy paid was enough to deter me.

Visited October 2013
Lansing, Michigan
“Applaud the Improvements”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

The B and C Concourses at the Detroit Metropolitan Airport are a wasteland for food. The best of the offerings is Thee Irish Pub, but in the past has only been the best of a poor lot. I stopped in recently when I had about an hour between flights and I was pleasantly surprised. I ordered a Black and Tan, and a Rubin sandwich and they were both really good and better than I remembered. The Rubin had good corned beef and the sandwich was on Zingerman's rye, a local Ann Arbor deli. It came with fresh, thin sliced potato chips. The service was quick and pleasant as well. This is not an elegant restaurant and food comes in a plastic basket, but for a quick meal between flights, it is the best on this side of the airport.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Iowa
“Nice pub”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We were tired after a long international flight and waiting for a connecting flight. We wanted a beer and a snack, so stopped here. We had beers and fries. Both were good. Our waitress was nice. They had a booming business and had enough staff to handle it, so wait time was minimal. A little pricey, but that is expected in an airport.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great airport bar and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

First the beer, then the food.

For an airport bar, this place had a great beer selection. I wish I had taken some notes, cause I was very tired and can't remember specifics, but they served at least 4 local brews, each from a different brewery, including a stout, a wheat, an IPA and a pale ale. They also had Dale's Pale Ale, which is one of my favorites. I believe that the bartender told me they had something from Bell's, but had run out. The service was great, and the bartender was very friendly and knowledgeable about what he was serving. Beer prices were average for an airport. A nice respite from the stress of air travel, and for the beer and service, it gets 5 stars from me.

As for the food, I am vegetarian, and typically avoid Irish places because they seldom have good vegetarian options. Their menu wasn't bursting at the seams with veggie options, but there was a decent selection with a couple of apps and salads, a fruit and brie platter, a veggie burger, and I had their mac'n'cheese. It was very good and came with a piece of cornbread. If it hadn't been for the beer selection, I might have passed this place by, but a couple of good beers and some mac'n'cheese was absolutely perfect. (also, for an airport, the mac'n'cheese was very reasonably priced. I think it was only about $8.50, which was basically the same price as one beer :)

Would recommend this place to any beer lover or vegetarian that has a layover in the Detroit airport.

• Visited May 2013