“Love sliders!” 4 of 5 stars

Description: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Green-Dot-Stables/187091638022964
Canton, Michigan
“Love sliders!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I'm totally in love with this place. We tried it out on a Saturday but at an off time (about 3:00 in the afternoon). I'm sure they probably get packed at night....but for a first time visit this was perfect. There were 4 of us and between us we practically tried everything on the menu.

My favorite slider was the BBQ bacon. I also had the BCT (Bacon-Cucumber-Tomato Jam-Aioli). Um yes, I do have a slight bacon addiction. Also sampled the plain ole cheeseburger slider, the mac & cheese (which was my least favorite thing), french fries and the venison chili fries. My hubby loved the cuban slider. Friends adored the cat fish, corn beef and bologna (which I would never in a million years try) slider.

Sadly, I couldn't get a game of foosball going with anyone in my party. Maybe next time. Cool place to hang out nonetheless. They have several good quality large screen TV's to watch through out the place.

They have a different mystery meat slider each day. The day we were there it was a tofu slider....I guess they use the term 'meat' loosely :) :) Can't wait to go back!

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Great Service Great Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

Went to Green Dot for our anniversary. If you like sliders this is your restaurant-and who doesn't like sliders! I especially liked the quinoa slider, the gyro slider and the Korean slider! Enjoy with the Green Dot Wallbanger, very yummy. We will definitely return!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Warren, Ohio
“Green Dot Stables, no bag of oats.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Heard so much about this place from friends, so I had to check it out myself.
they were right, it was more that worth the trip. The house specialty are gourmet sliders, small but really different.
Beer is 2.00 and 3.00 and specialty drinks are cheap too. We came here after leaving The MGM casino which is only a mile and a
half away. The same 3.00 beer I bought at Green Dot cost 4.50 at the MGM casino. Place very clean and the help very pleasant.
Try it, you won't be sorry

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Detroit, MI
“Fun and Yum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Sliders of all kinds, crazy good poutine {fries with gravy and cheese curds}, soup of the day, mystery slider, mystery cocktail how can you go wrong? And it's all like 2 or 3 bucks. Cool building with a big horse on the roof, grandkids loved that. Service is good and if the place is not packed you get your food superquick. No reservations so at prime times there can be a wait but it's worth it.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Detroit, Michigan
“Delicious but surprisingly pricy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

This was once the best kept secret in Detroit, but that's not really the case anymore. You need to go at an odd time to get a seat or suffer an hour to hour and a half wait. This includes mid-week evenings. I had three of the sliders, Korean, Corned Beef, and Gyro. All of them were delicious, especially the Corned Beef. Drinks are all $3 or less and they have a decent list of craft beers available. It is unheard of to find a $3 Dragonmead Final Absolution on draft. My only complaint would be that if you have a sizable appetite, $3 sliders really add up. I would say the average hungry guy to take down 4 sliders and fries with two beers and end up spending $21. Not terrible, but definitely not the cheap night out. Still exceptional food means you pay the price.

• Visited April 2013