“Great Location / Very Clean” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #9 of 34 Hotels in Detroit
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Detroit, United States
“Great Location / Very Clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Everyone was extremely nice and helpful. Rooms were very clean and bed was extremely comfortable!! Perfect location for any venue in the "D" We took the people mover to the Joe and had no problems what so ever. We loved the outside bar area. It was fun to sip on cocktails and people watch. Very Clean

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGIDETROIT351, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Detroit Downtown, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Thanks for staying and I am glad you had a good time. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Bath, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

This hotel is well located for Greek Town restaurants and bars and for the sports venues. Staff are friendly and very helpful. The hotel offers a breakfast cooked to order! No more manky scrambled eggs! EXCELLENT!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGIDD, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Detroit Downtown, responded to this review, September 26, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're glad we were able to provide great accommodations, service and location. We hope to see you again on your next business trip to Detroit.
Harpers Ferry, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

If you don't have one slid under your door in the morning, don't count on the front desk producing one for you at the time of check out and do NOT trust them to email one to you if they promise to do this for you. It’s been 4 days since I checked out and I have yet to receive the promised invoice via email. Yes... I'm sure a simply call is all that will be needed to resolve this issue, but it should NEVER have become an issue, right?

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGIDETROIT351, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Detroit Downtown, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Thanks for staying, I apologize for not living up to our promise, and you are absolutely right. You shouldn't have to ask twice. I understand that our front office manager has contacted you and has sent the receipt out. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help or make this right. Thank you,
Lansing, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

Bed broken! Tub broken! Tried to overcharge at check out, make sure to check with the desk what the total charges will be, it did not match the bill they slid under the door in the AM. The breakfast was good but a little pricey. Location was great.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGIDETROIT351, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Detroit Downtown, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Thank you for the recent stay, and I apologize for the problems you experienced. We were experiencing a problem with our computer system and charges during the weekend of your stay. With the help of Hilton, we were able to quickly get this corrected so it will not impact any further guest. Again, apologize for the error. I will be in contact with our rooms team as well to watch for any tubs or beds that seem to be having a problem. We expect the room to be in perfect working order before you get there, and are taking steps to make sure this happens for each and every guest.
Topeka, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

I must say that I think the housekeeping staff sets the standard for this hotel and others to follow. They where friendly and Everything everywhere was clean.
The front desk on the other hand seemed to be more worried about company rules and policies than listening to customers.
The American grill is where they offer breakfast. The breakfast that garden inn just always seems awkward to me. It's advertised as a buffet, which is kind of true. If you just want the continental breakfast. If you want hot food your server will order it fresh for you. As far as coffee is concerned I couldn't figure out if I was supposed to fill my cup or if they would keep it full. I mean it is on the buffet part. They always filled my first cup but never again. Just seems confusing. The breakfast was good and it was refreshing to have eggs that where hot and cooked to order.
The hotel is close to greektown and the stadiums.
The front desk is costing this hotel business, with its current attitude.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
HGIDETROIT351, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Detroit Downtown, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Thank you for your recent stay, and taking the time to review. I will share your concerns with our front office team. Our first objective should be taking care of the guest, and finding a way to make things work for you. Feel free to contact us directly at the hotel if you would like to share more details.

David Kipfmiller
COMO, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

It was a short stay for some business. The hotel reflects the same style of the city of Detroit, a city who is trying to "restart" I dont know if I could have find better. Price was in line with the services thanks to special conditions for groups, but too high if I would have booked alone.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thanks for staying and taking the time to review. We value the feed back and use it to improve the hotel and use it when we review pricing.
Lapeer, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

I'm a diamond hilton member. I called HHonors to make a reservation at Hilton Garden Inn Detroit with a "Be Our Guest" certificate. I wanted to upgrade to a different room and was told by the HHonors rep that I needed to call the hotel directly to do that. I called the hotel and when the person answered (no idea their name as they spoke really fast) I told them that I wanted to talk to someone about my reservation. She never asked me what my question was - she just immediately transferred me to the 1-800 reservation line. I hung up from them and called the hotel back, explained what I wanted to do, which was simply upgrade my room. I asked if I could just pay cash for the difference, and I was put on hold for 20 min. Only to come to tell me that a manager would call me back first thing in the morning. 20 minutes on hold to be told I was getting a call back? Well, 11:30am the next day, no call. I wasn't surprised. I called them back, to once again be transferred to the 1-800 reservation line with out even asking what I needed. I told Jeri that I was supposed to get a call that morning by a manager, and I haven't gotten a call yet. Still I was transferred to the 1-800 reservation line. OMG! I called back and said please do not transfer me. She then transferred me the front desk manager Susan. Of course, I get her VM. I leave a message. At 5pm she finally calls me back and said she was returning my call and wondered what I wanted. Really? The first person was supposed to printing my reservation to put on her desk with a note of what I wanted. And she had no idea what I was calling for. I canceled my reservation and went elsewhere. I'm a diamond member and a season ticket holder for the Tigers, and I will never stay at this hotel. Customer service is horrible. Rude rude rude

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
I'm very disappointed in our efforts to take care of your concerns and your call during the reservation process. I will be sharing your letter with the desk team, and our manger. I apologize for our failure here. My expectation is that we take care of all our guest concerns on the first call, and we have missed the mark here. I will be sure this is noted, and that we improve.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Detroit Downtown? Share your experiences!