“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 34 Hotels in Detroit
Vicksburg, United States
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

very great hotel to stay at , close to all the action in Detroit, safe , clean place to stay. The price is very good for being downtown , and the valet service is very quick, safe and efficient. Always a good place to stay at for whatever reason in Detroit

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGIDETROIT, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Detroit Downtown, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Thank you! I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

My son and I flew up to watch the Ravens v Lions on MNF. This place was perfect to stay for a short walk to Ford Field and dinner at Greektown. Check in was fast, security was in place and rooms were large and comfortable. We had an awesome view east toward Greektown, GM HQ and toward downtown. I would highly recommend if you can get a deal or use HHonors Pts but the rate they were asking is ridiculous. I would recommend staying there again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
ann arbor, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Never called me a cab and lied about it. Did not have my reservation on file and lid about it and put me in the wrong room. Too small for three people. I asked the front desk receptionist 5 times to call me a cab and she kp saying ok ok ok 10 minutes everytime and it never happened. The next day I asked the front desk guy to call me a cab and also he lied and a cab never came. I had to walk through the snow to get my car with non-winter shoes. I will never stay here again. Also the rates were errible compared to different hotels in h area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I sincerely apologize that we were unable to accommodate you in the rooms you expected when you first arrived to our hotel. I assure you that we do everything we can to provide our guests the room they request however; there are times when our guests extend their stay with us. I sincerely apologize if this may have caused you any inconveniences. I also would like to take this time to apologize for any delays you might have incurred while waiting for a cab. We try and utilize multiple cab services, but when winter weather hits the city, many of the companies are very slow to respond due to driving conditions.

David Kipfmiller
Tallmadge, OH, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Great hotel & staff. Valet parking was a joke! I ended up parking & getting my car myself and still paid for valet. $20/day +tax. My room was clean. Thank you for the free coffee in the lobby in the morning.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Toronto, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

My dad and I stayed here in June of 2013 during the Orion music festival. We were a bit concerned about hotels in downtown Detroit - being detroit and all - but this place was a pleasent surprise. The place was very well kept. Our room was clean, had a comfortable bed, and was stocked with fresh towels every day. The staff were friendly, too. They were helpful in recommending places to eat. The parking fee was a bit of a letdown, but if that's the only thing that I can complain about - it's a great place to stay. It's a hop and a skip from Comerica park, which is also pretty nice. Sadly the Orion festival won't return for 2014 - but if it does in the future, we won't hesitate to stay here again. Metallica's crew stayed here - so it can't be that bad!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for taking the time to review. We are bummed out about the Orion Music Festival too. Hopefully Metallica will reconsider and come back for 2015.
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Staff was amazing! Hot tub was broken when we were there, staff discounted room for us. Pool was nice little small but oh well. Bar was cool, great food. Room was nice, bed was VERY uncomfortable- only complaint!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Oro Station, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

This hotel is relatively new and is located within 5 minutes of the USA/Canada tunnel. It's was to get to and a great place to stay if you are spending your time downtown.
A group of us recently stayed at the Garden Inn while visiting Detroit for an NFL game. It's within two blocks of Ford Field and Comerica Park and restaurants and bars are all within walking distance.

The hotel itself is clean and has two restaurants which are quite adequate. The hotel also offers valet parking.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the higher floors as street noise can be a distraction