Just completed a stay with three others in our party and location was perfect. Within walking distance to area restaurants, casino, bars/lounges. The hotel lobby is charming and inviting and stocked at all times with hot coffee, tea, packages of hot chocolate, very refreshing and pretty jars of water which included pineapples & strawberries or cucumbers.
The staff is top notch. Very professional, friendly, accommodating and eager to please. No phoniness here. Valet parking is high but comparable to parking in other major cities. I did not see anyone to help with baggage but was impressed with a wheelchair accommodation for one of the hotel guests.
The breakfast buffet is $11.95 but ask for complimentary tickets during your stay. There was a Detroits Tiger game during our stay and many guests, however, the elevators (2) were easily available and at times empty when we wanted to move. The buffet was rather good, although other guests have given not so favorable reviews. There are cooked to order options available upon request (waffles, pancakes, omelettes). The coffee inside this restaurant is terrible, the lobby brand is so much better tasting. Saturday & Sunday breakfast/buffet is served until 12:00 noon.
The hotel bar and grill was pleasantly very good. Food is reasonable for an on site restaurant, nice staff, great burgers and sliders. Food was served quickly and hot and there is a nice menu selection.
The hotel is very clean with snooze control for your bed (you select the firmness of your mattress), but the pillows are TOO soft. When you use the bathroom be prepared to reach far for the tissue. The distance from the toilet seat to tissue is almost fall off the seat distance. What a strange design so be sure to set your paper on top of the vanity, FIRST.
All in all a very good hotel and we agreed we would all return. Recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Garden Inn Detroit Downtown hotel is located in downtown Detroit. Set in the heart of Harmonie Park, the hotel is surrounded by shops, restaurants and entertainment venues such as Ford Field and Comerica Park. Local businesses and corporate offices within walking distance to our hotel in Detroit, Michigan include Quicken Loans, Ernst and Young, PricewaterhouseCoopers and Compuware. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, EasyToBook, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hilton Hotels, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Detroit Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Detroit Downtown Hotel Detroit
- Detroit Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Detroit