“Get the seafood salad!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #295 of 985 Restaurants in Detroit
Cuisines: Japanese, Bar, Sushi, Korean
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: we are located right next to Detroit Institute of America in Midtown Detroit. We have free four hours parking structure. We serve sushi, korean,japanese. in addition, we operate full bar.Mon-Fri eleven thirty AM - eleven thirty PM (kitchen close at ten forty five PM)Saturday twelve PM - eleven thirty PM (kitchen close at ten forty five PM)Sunday twelve PM - ten PM (kitchen close at nine thirty PM)
South Haven, Michigan
“Get the seafood salad!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Very fresh sushi! Had the wasabi roll which was great!! My husband had the fresh seafood salad which was amazing! And his entree was the eel which he really liked. Skip the chicken egg rolls and go fir something you haven't tried! Good location next to the DIA.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Ferndale, Michigan
“Order something you've never had before. I bet you'll love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

This place impressed me (not easy) and opened my eyes to a whole new soup experience I never knew existed. Wasabi is so much more than a sushi joint. In fact, they're more than just a japanese restaurant. There were an abundance of items on the menu and many that were Korean which made me suspicious. Whenever there are tons of options in a smaller establishment I start to doubt the freshness and quality. I was so wrong this time. The soup I ordered was Korean veggie dumpling and yet it was so much more. I suspected I would get dumplings in a watery broth. No. This was a magical combination of steaming hot (perfect on a cold night) broth, shredded beef, egg, vegetables AND dumplings. One of the best soups I have ever had. That chef knew what he was doing. My boyfriend had another Korean dish that came in a large metal bowl featuring rice, veggies and more magic I assume. He ate the entire giant thing. The girl who took our order had described his meal perfectly. The servers were very nice but they did make one honest mistake. Our bill had been accidentally switched with another table's and since my boyfriend was trying to talk on the phone and pay for dinner simultaneously, he didn't notice. The next day when he figured it out while looking at his receipt, he called the manager who instantly apologized and promised to make it right. We went in and he only let us pay $20 of our bill because it was their mistake. Now that's customer service!!!! I love it when restaurants care about their reputations, be it quality of food or service. Wasabi 100% cares.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Goodyear, Arizona
“Fabulous”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Every dish is like heaven...Fried Sushi is wonderful. The staff was superb!!!! I enjoyed the spicy seafood soup and salad w/ ginger dressing

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Detroit, Michigan
“Convenient, satisfying and tasty.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Located in the lobby of the Park Shelton, it's sometimes tough to spot this place off the road but once inside, it's pretty comfy. For larger parties of 5 or more they'll seat you out in the "lobby" area and sometimes I prefer that even for parties of four. This has always been a great place to grab a quick bite to eat before checking out the Detroit Film Theater. I love the hours and the food has always been rock solid. While not the most posh of places, it's still pretty darn good food for the value. No pretense, just great sushi and an assortment of Korean influenced foods here.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brownstown Township, Michigan
“Great Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

Been here numerous times and so have my kids who have graduated from WSU and when they come home still go back to Wasabi's, Went here again lastnight, had the White Tuna Roll, excellent, also had Boston Roll,Chef Special, Rock N Roll (contains Eel), an Avocado roll and lastly a Avocado Cucumber Roll, we loved them all, this was shared by my son and I. Good location off Woodward Ave. (You can park right on Woodward, $1 for an hour meter, bring quarters). Enjoy everybody!

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Wasabi? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Wasabi, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.