I was looking for a good location and value while staying one night for a concert at Comerica Park (Tigers' stadium). This location was excellent- about a 10-15min well lit walk to Comerica and Ford Field. A 5min walk down the street to the two famous coney dog restaurants. Literally across the street from the Westin. About a 30-45min drive to the airport, depending on construction delays.
Valet parking was quick, but note it is $20/night. Staff was friendly and helpful. There is a hotel shuttle that will take you around within 3 miles, but I didn't use it due to the wait times- for instance took a $10 taxi ride to the Motown Museum. Included breakfast had hot scrambled eggs and bacon, in addition to cereals, juices, breads, etc.
I paid using points and am a platinum member, so was given a bag with bottled water, cookies, and popcorn at check in. I think because of this I got a large room- included fridge and microwave. Very comfortable. Free wireless internet worked well.
I would recommend staying here.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Detroit - Downtown Hotel Detroit
- Holiday Inn Express Detroit - Downtown Hotel
- Holiday Inn Detroit
- Holiday Inn Express Detroit
- Detroit Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites of Downtown Detroit is a first class hotel that is ideal for travelers who are visiting for either business or leisure purposes. In addition to our finely appointed guest rooms, we offer fully equipped suites with full kitchens for extended stays. Some of our outstanding amenities include a state-of-the-art fitness center, indoor heated pool, 24-hour business center, and complimentary high-speed Internet access. Don't forget to join us for breakfast at our newly updated Express Start Breakfast Bar. We now offer a selection of hot entrees! The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites of Downtown Detroit also offers valet parking for your convenience at fee of $20.00 per car per night, the lowest priced hotel parking in the downtown area. Located in the heart of downtown Detroit, the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites is within walking distance of Cobo Convention Center, Joe Louis Arena (Detroit Red Wings) and the new MGM Grand Casino. The hotel is also positioned perfectly near the People Mover, Greektown Casino, Motor City Casino, Detroit Opera House, Fox Theatre, Hard Rock Cafe, Comerica Park (Detroit Tigers), and Ford Field (Detroit Lions). For the busy executive, the hotel is located only 1-2 blocks from Compuware World Headquarters, DTE Energy, and AT&T, just to name a few. The General Motors World Headquarters, famously known as the Renaissance Center, is located less than one mile from the hotel and is open to the public during weekdays for tours and shopping. Visitors can even venture off across the border into Canada by crossing the Ambassador Bridge or the tunnel into Windsor, Canada. For your next visit to Detroit, Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites of Downtown Detroit! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Orbitz, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Detroit - Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.