I stayed at the Marriott Renaissance Center while I was in town for a hockey match. I was debating to stay in Detroit or Windsor, Ontario. Because I did not want to have the potential problem of being stalled at border security on the day of my flight back home, I chose to stay in Detroit.
One of my considerations was the safety in downtown Detroit. I spoke to many people, and they all had different opinions as to the safety in Detroit. I had no issues at all. I felt perfectly safe everywhere I went.
The hotel itself was a typical Marriott. A large scale hotel with full amenities (restaurant, cafe, lounge, gym, etc.). The beds were comfortabe and the bathroom was clean and not too small. The views from the upper floors were nice as well. One interesting thing was that you had to use your key card to access the floors in the elevator. A bit of a hassle, but a good safety feature.
The Marriott is convenient to many things downtown. Detroit has a People Mover, which is basically an elevated one directional monorail. It has about 15 stops in a circular pattern through downtown Detroit. One of the stops is the Marriott. We were able to take the People Mover from the Marriott to Joe Louis Arena and then to Greek Town and back to the Marriott. Very easy and safe.
All in all, a good stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Soaring 73 floors above the Detroit River, the Detroit Marriott at the Renaissance Center is ideally located in downtown Detroit, situated on the RiverWalk and next to Hart Plaza. The hotel is within the GM Renaissance Center, which provides convenient access to shopping, restaurants and entertainment. The Detroit "People Mover" public transportation system enables guests to visit top attractions that surround the hotel. Floor-to-ceiling windows and dramatic views highlight our hotel rooms, while a reinvented lobby boasts functional seating and business friendly amenities in a trendy setting. Delight in the stylishly urban ambiance of Volt, and enjoy breakfast, lunch, dinner and evening cocktails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Marriott, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Detroit Marriott at the Renaissance Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Detroit Marriott At The Renaissance Hotel Detroit
- Detroit Renaissance At Center
- Marriott Detroit
- Renaissance Detroit