“Service could have been better” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #194 of 973 Restaurants in Detroit
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery, Late Night
Description: When you combine the atmosphere of a local Detroit hangout, the excitement of watching the game on a 65” flat screen, and the taste of an old school smokehouse, you have found Rub. At Rub BBQ we are proud to show our Detroit heritage. From the original character of our down town location, to the Detroit history hanging from our walls, we are proud to be Detroiters. We use local Michigan suppliers to bring you the best BBQ around. We mix our own rubs and sauces from scratch using over 20 different varieties of herbs and spices. Our eco-friendly ideas let us bring you unforgettable taste while still contributing to a greener Detroit. So come on down and watch the game and enjoy one of our 30 beers on tap. Ask one of our friendly staff about reserving our Private V.I.P. Banquet Lounge. Have us plan your next event and we will provide you with your favorite food, spirits, and fun. Tailgating packages are available that include all your pre-game musts, so leave your grill at home, because at Rub BBQ we have all your smokehouse needs.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Service could have been better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

The food is very good although we did not have a good experience with the wait staff. Hopefully this was just an off day for them as we would definitely like to dine here again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great food close to Ball Park”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

My wife and I ate here before seeing a Tigers game. The food was excellent. I had the brisket sandwich and the flavor of the meat was superb. It is only a couple blocks to the park. If you decide to go before a game, it will be busy an hour before. We stopped in earlier in the day for a beer. The staff was friendly even though we wore our SF Giants hats! 

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
“Pre Ballgame Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Had good beer, great food and even better staff. I would definitely go back. We were seated as soon as we showed up. The waitress gave great suggestions and was very attentive. Also, the prices were very reasonable for the amount of food your received.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chicago
“Would definitely go back !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We too happened up on this restaurant one Saturday afternoon . We had a group of 4 with 1 very persnickety appetite. We let her out to go in and see the menu. She came back and was reasonably satisfied. Well after being seated and waited on by the extremely friendly and helpful staff, we all were more than glad we chose this place. But the food is what you want to know about. We were given samples of the ribs (St Louis and Baby back) The samples were excellent. Juicy and extremely flavorful. We all ordered different things - the items which stood out was the macaroni and cheese, the greens , the slaw, well basically everything... I will say the ribs that came with my meal was not as good as the sample... But hey , I know what they are capable of. Would definitely go back

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Michigan
“Almost amazing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Ok first of all my experience is probably skewed because my son & I went here during the second game of the Tiger's season and on a Saturday to boot. The place was busy but we were seated right away so initially I thought they were prepared for all the business. Then the waiting began. My son & I thoroughly looked over the menu and they really do offer a lot but it was 20 mins before anyone came over to take our order. The waitress did apologize and even said that wasn't her table but she went ahead and took our order so that was a great thing on her part. As we waited for our food we watched the people around us who were finally getting served and I can say everything we saw looked incredible. Eventually our drinks and food came out together and as I expected it was cold but the flavor was there. My son & I tried 2 different BBQ pork sandwiches with a side of mac & cheese and had it all been hot we know it would have been amazing. As it was everything was still decent, just a little disappointing.
I would say if you are in the area and it's not busy definitely give them a try. If they are then I would keep looking. I would like to try them again.
Pro: Huge bar downstairs and even a bar upstairs. Nice selection of foods. Great location. Variety of sauces to try.
Cons: Not prepared for busy days.

• Visited April 2013